“Just what we were looking for!”
Review of Brew Bakers

Brew Bakers
Ranked #42 of 156 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are an upscale and eclectic eatery specializing in fine sandwiches, special platters, pastries, soups, coffee, tea and espresso drinks. We have 2 world class Chefs who make up our daily specials. Our portions are very generous and the prices are reasonable. We do our own shopping, making sure the quality is the best. We cure our own meats, and bake our meats and poultry as well. We make our own sausages as well. We have a very International feel, with a European ambiance, and a great collection of Art. We do a lot of Catering and specialize in private parties, where we transform the inside of BREW BAKERS, into a very beautiful and elegant place. We have outside seating as well. We open up our restaurant to entire day fundraisers. We deliver catering orders in and around Middletown. We keep our space clean and neat, for your safety and comfort. Owner/Chef Josef Aigner was recently named among the BEST CHEFS IN AMERICA 2013 & 2014. A native of Salzburg, Austria, he won the prestigeous gold medal for Best Chef in Salzburg. He has won many cooking competitions all around Europe. Once he moved to the US, he was hired at a very prestigious French restaurant in the Hartford area, as pastry Chef. There he met Chef Michael Leister, who had worked as head Chef, for over 30 yrs. These Chefs work together to make amazing food, that we deliver to our customers, and 9 out of 10 leave raving about their experience. We recently opened a smaller eatery in the North End of Main St, called BREW BAKERS CAFE, at 506 Main St., Middletown. We serve the same food, different specials.
Florida
“Just what we were looking for!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My son and I were looking for a place to eat lunch and knew that in a college town there had to be great choices. We lucked out and found Brew Bakers. The food was excellent. The broccoli cheddar soup was to die for and we both had salads with grilled chicken. It was rather pricey ($40) but we enjoyed it none the less.

Visited February 2013
Eloisetencher, Owner at Brew Bakers, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review. We love the Wesleyan kids and please know that if ever he came by and forgot his money, I would never turn him away. WES kids are THE NICEST group of kids I've known and I appreciate how they come and hang out at BREW BAKERS.
I'm glad you had a good experience. Next time, let me know who you are and I'll treat you to a coffee and pastry.
Thanks again,

Meriden, Connecticut
“great sandwiches!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Brew Bakers has great sandwiches and I like that they are made in front of you. They also serve a good cup of fresh brewed coffee.

Visited January 2013
Eloisetencher, Owner at Brew Bakers, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Hi Cyndie:
Thank you so much for your possitive review. We always try our best to bring the best product to our customers. At Brew Bakers, we cure our own meats, roast as much as we can, except things like Salami, and therefore our sandwiches have much better products than the typical Deli meats etc. We even bake the Ahi Tuna for the Tuna Salad Wraps, and so that Tuna does not come from a can.
I will pass on your comments to the Chefs tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Williamstown, New Jersey
“Good breakfast!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

They have a great selection of breakfast sandwiches, I particularly enjoyed their omelet sandwich! The coffee was great, and they had quite a selection to choose from! The service was great, and the staff friendly!

Visited January 2013
Eloisetencher, Owner at Brew Bakers, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Courtney:
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. Also for putting your name. We try very hard to always be consistent with our food, ambiance, music etc. We appreciate all comments, we learn from them. We have a great kitchen team who is always trying new things and creating great food.
Thanks again, and a very Happy New Year to you.
Middletown, Connecticut
“Get the veggie cream cheese!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Brew Bakers is a quaint spot for grabbing breakfast or lunch. The sandwiches and salads always taste fresh, and portions are ample. I find it a tad overpriced, but consistently good. Pick up a tub of veggie cream cheese to bring home with you. Also nice tables outside for enjoying the Main Street vibe on a warm day.

Visited October 2012
Eloisetencher, Owner at Brew Bakers, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It is people like you that keeps up motivated, to keep going and striving for better things. Thank you for supporting us and for takinhg the time to write such a possitive review.
Middletown, Connecticut
“Good coffee, good bagels”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I go to brewbakers about once a week on a fairly regular basis for morning coffee and toasted bagels or grilled muffins. The bagels are good and chewy in texture; perfect. We expecially like the pumpernickel and cheddar cheese bagels, and corn and cranberry muffins. It is a comfortable atmosphere. The front of the store has tables and benches that are reminiscent of McDonalds, but there is a comfortable counter on the side, and in the back are sofas and coffee tables. In summer, there are outside tables on the sidewalk, and in winter a gas stove is usually glowing in back. There is often a slow moving line at the order counter, even with two registers going. The help consists of an ever flowing succession of local college students. Even if they learn the complicated system of punching in 50 strokes for each order (toasted, grilled, plain or other flavored cream cheese, to-go cups, to-stay cups, etc...) and are excellent workers, they end up leaving after a few semesters. This also creates somewhat constant inconsistency with the behind the counter order-filling dymanics, coffee card punching, order totals for the same order on different days, and delivery of ordered baskets of food. Sometimes bagels are not really toasted, but other times they are. Sometimes there is enough cream cheese pilled on for 3 bagels, so much it has to be scraped off, and other times just enough. Another irritation is that there is a very tiny space where the staff places filled coffee cups for customers to put in cream, sugar, stir, get lids, napkins, etc. This results in a pileup at the coffee station and elbow-knocking. Invariably, the cream or milk pitchers have one empty, which creates another delay -flagging down one of the register people to fill it. And it is expensive. However, Brewbakers is addictive, and we put up with it despite its flaws.

• Visited December 2012
Eloisetencher, Owner at Brew Bakers, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello again:
Good ideas. I'm sorry about your experience today. No excusses. I wish you had told me about it, I would have remedied that situatios. About changes, we can only do a little at a time. We had to totally re-do our kitchen, because I don't know how it passed inspection before we moved in. It was really bad. Several other things have been fixed and so we are getting things done as we can. I really appreciate customer input, so please if you see me around, (I have NO clue who you are:), pull me over and tell me what you think. I was never in this business before, so I've had to learn as we go. Any little helpful ideas are appreciated.
Have a Happy New Year.