“Hands down most authentic tacos in surrounding area”

Iguanas Ranas Taqueria
Ranked #79 of 156 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Middletown, Connecticut
“Hands down most authentic tacos in surrounding area”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Mexico several times and acquired quite the tasting for knowing good tacos. Aside from the authentic tacos you can get from the New Haven truck stands, these are THE BEST TACOS around and so cheap! $3 per taco. My fav are the pork tacos but other authentic choices such as beef tongue, beef tifle, etc. Its too bad that its not a more popular, entertaining place. Every time I go here, there's usually about 6-10 others. No music or entertainment is the drawback from making this place a total success. Great bartenders and drinks (especially house made tequila infusions)! If your hungry for authentic Mexican, come here. If you want more entertainment, popular place go to La Boca (but sorry tacos there don't compare to Iguanas).

• Visited May 2013

Wethersfield, Connecticut
“Mixed review”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stopped for a late lunch on a weekday. Place was pretty much empty. Service was good. Enjoyed the atmosphere. My tacos were good but my husband said his were just ok. He thought the tortillas weren't crispy enough. Cactus salas and guacamole were delicious, salsa pretty ordinary.

• Visited April 2013
CT
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Love the tacos and burritos here. The tacos remind me of my visits to San Diego and Mexico and are delicious. The new location is great and has plenty of room. I highly recommend if you are in town.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top. Notch”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Look forward to returning every time I leave the place. From San Diego, reminds me of the authentic food out west.

Meriden, Connecticut
“A relaxed atmosphere with yummy tacos!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I have enjoyed Iguana Rana's several times. Its a great place for a quick bite for lunch or a night with friends. I personally love the chicken tacos - they taste very similar to the delicious traditional tacos that we find in Mexico when we travel there. Great tacos, and a delicious variety of mexican beers. Oh AND they carry espolon tequila, which is a delightful surprise.

• Visited December 2012