“Superb Response to booking error”
Review of Littlebeck Warren

Littlebeck Warren
Ranked #1 of 1 Distington B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Confusion via a third party meant I was booked for the wrong evening and they were unable to accommodate me on my chosen. Response and action from Sue was brilliant. she contacted the third party sorted out the cancellation and did not charge anything for the room,although she would have been perfectly entitled to do so. Service and attitude deserves recognition and means I'll take care and make sure I book the correct date when next in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can not speak highly enough of Littlebeck Warren and its owner Sue. I have spent four weeks as a guest here while on business, and it is the nearest to home you could wish for. It is more than just the first class furnishings and fittings, it is more than the lovely food, for me it is the atmosphere and the genuine welcome which makes the difference. Lavish bathrooms and cosy beds reflect the attention to detail, and Sue is always on hand with a smile and a friendly word. Definitely highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Weekend break at Littlebeck Warren and it was the best accommodation we have stayed in! Decorated and furnished to high standards throughout. Very clean. Sue and her staff were all very friendly and welcoming. We stayed in the Copper room, lovely. Bathroon was amazing and the bath out of this world. Breakfast was delicious and consisted of high quality ingredients.
Not alot to see in Distington but it is central to the west coast and the lake district. We spent a lovely day at Muncaster Castle. Cannot recommend this little gem enough. Book and enjoy!

Room Tip: Copper Room was lovely but cannot imagine any of the rooms being below standard
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked a weekend stay at Littlebeck Warren and stayed in the Stone Room. The room was absolutely gorgeous, it had a free standing bath, extra large shower with an amazing stone wall feature and a beautiful stone sink. The bedroom was nicely furnished with a comfy bed with pure white sheets and tasteful throw / cushions. We were spoilt for choice at breakfast - everything we ate was high quality and tasty. I particularly liked all the finishing touches, I could go on forever ..... so why not go and treat yourself ... you will not be disappointed! Sue is the most fantastic host and will make your stay special.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at littlebeck warren for three nights in the copper room, the room was lovely and very clean, well stocked tea and coffee supplies, the bathroom was amazing especially the bath. We went away to relax and that is exactly what we did. Sue is a fantastic host very happy to help and can't do enough for you but not at all invasive, we had an evening meal on one occasion and it was lovely very fresh and plenty, breakfast was also great and lots of choice. I would highly recommend littlebeck warren and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I booked a stay at 'Littlebeck Warren' as a surprise break for my mums birthday. I knew from the reviews that the B&B was excellent but was pleasantly surprised on arrival at just how beautiful the hotel and surrounding area is! Such a lovely and relaxed atmosphere, very peaceful which is exactly what I was looking for! There were car parking facilities and the hotel is just a short drive away from some lovely restaurants and Sue can recommend some lovely places to eat (we personally dined at Zest which was a 10 minute drive away from the hotel and was very nice!).

Sue was absolutely fantastic and she really did make my mums birthday that extra bit special. She does such an amazing job of running the hotel and I absolutely loved all the personal touches which really do make a difference! The hotel is immaculate and Sue's breakfast was excellent, superb quality and great portions, lots of variety too! There were a range of cereals and fruit along with croissants and choc au pains (which were very tasty) and a variety of cooked breakfasts are also on offer which were also very nice! Sue was very happy to help out with anything you needed and we couldn't have asked for a better service!

The rooms are gorgeous! I struggled to choose as they all sounded and looked so lovely. We stayed in the Porcelain Room and it was decorated beautifully with absolutely everything you could need for a perfect nights stay. The room was spotless and we were provided with a variety of toiletries and tea, coffee and hot chocolate making facilities (including complementary chocolate truffles!). The bathroom was perfect and we both loved the free-standing bath! We were also provided with complimentary bath robes which were extremely comfortable, as was the bed! Definitely the best nights sleep both me and my mum have had in a long time! The room also had facilities such as a TV (including DVD player and a selection of DVD's), a Hair Dryer, Towel Heater, Beautiful Dressing Table, Full Length Mirror, Wardrobe, Sofa and Free WiFi! We couldn't have asked for more!

Overall, I would definitely recommend Littlebeck Warren and I am already planning on returning with my partner in the near future as I enjoyed my stay that much! Perfect for a quiet and peaceful stay without being too far away from the town and restaurants. Outstanding value for money and there wasn't one thing I would change about my stay, PERFECT!

Room Tip: The Porcelain Room was very fresh and spacious, bathroom was immaculate, decorated beautifully throu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Perhaps a little more expensive than I would normally pay for a B&B, but a clear case of getting what you pay for. The room overall, and the bathroom in particular, were as good as any four or five star hotel that I've ever stayed in. This is a very high quality B&B with a very personal but not intrusive level of service. An excellent breakfast completed a perfect stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Littlebeck Warren? Share your experiences!