“Great breakfast, friendly service”
Review of Maples

Maples
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: American, Diner, Italian, Seafood
Connecticut
“Great breakfast, friendly service”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Walking in I noticed that the restaurant is clean and sparkling. The booths are ample in size and comfortable. Service was prompt and friendly. Coffee was good, served hot and in a nice cup, refilled frequently. My eggs were fluffy, bacon was served crisp, as I had ordered it, Italian toast was good. My wife's omelette was excellent. Glass of grapefruit juice was ample in size and good. One drawback was that fruit could not be substituted for fried potatoes but they were tasty and not dry. Prices are reasonable.
I highly recommend Maples for breakfast. I have not had other meals there although my wife says that lunch was excellent.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank maurice44

Waterbury, Connecticut
“Neighborhood diner popular with locals”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

After a devastating fire that closed Maples for several months, this friendly diner is back on its feet. Serves standard entrees as well as soups, salads and sandwiches, with the addition of some Italian favorites. Daily specials often include roast chicken or turkey, pot roast, and similar home-style dishes. Prices are pretty standard for the area, which is not exactly a cheap spot to live and work and dine. A separate room seems to attract birthday parties and family celebrations regularly. It's a regular local stop for us--we're there a couple of times each month.

2 Thank MeterMaid
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Average Food, Horrible Service”
Reviewed December 24, 2008

My family and I recently stopped here for dinner while traveling from Massachusetts to NJ. It looked promising.

The mediocre was a bit pricey for a "Family Style" restaurant.

The restaurant wasn't very busy, but out waitress was missing in action. The kid's pasta meal was supposed to come with meatballs, but they never came and we couldn't find our waitress to ask where they were. She never came by to see how we were enjoying our meal after she dropped off the dinner.

In the meantime we were sucking on ice cubes during our meal as our sodas were NEVER refilled. The sodas were small to begin with.

The kids meal was also supposed to come with ice cream, but we were so fed up with the service that we just asked for the check and left.

We will not be returning to this restaurant any time soon.

1 Thank martinator