“Great park for kids 12 and under”

Quassy Amusement Park & Waterpark
More attraction details
Owner description: Family amusement park offers great rides, waterpark, beach, arcade, food, entertainment and games. Home of the award-winning Wooden Warrior roller coaster and new thrill rides Frantic and Reverse Time. Several new slides in the waterpark.
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Quassy has the best of the old time rides. This park is awesome for young kids. The key here is SMALL. You can have a great day and the kids get to use the rides they like as MANY times as they want. The price is right and they allow you to bring your own food and drinks. I am a single parent on a budget. My 7 yo LOVES quassy. I would much rather spend $30 and change here than $50 a nearby waterpark with expensive food.

1  Thank Tinaberg
in 4 reviews
"great for young kids"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 8, 2008

We visited Quassy the weekend of August 1, 2008. The visit was primarily for our 4.5 year old son (our 9 month old was just too little to enjoy it).

We arrived at 10:30 (it opened at 10am, which seemed late for a Saturday morning). There were already several camp buses there. Purchasing tickets was a little painful as only 2 people were working. They insist on putting your wristband ticket on while you are there - they do not let you purchase a wristband and put it on at a later time. I suspect this is to prevent you from buying only one all day pass bracelet and switching it between people. This was, however, what we ended up doing as we both would not be going on the rides at the same time (since someone had to be with the baby). I carefully peeled the bracelet off and made it big enough to slide on and off our wrists so my husband and I could switch off on the rides. They also stamp the purchaser's hand while putting on the bracelet but none of the ride operators seemed to notice that my husband's hand was not stamped. If you want to enter the water park you can purchase a separate bracelet for that at time of admission and save yourself $10 and change from buying 2 all day passes.

The rides were great fun for my 4.5 year old, but any child older than 11 may be bored. They are actually more like glorified carnival rides (tilt a whirl, pirate ship, little roller coasters). This was enough for him though and he really had fun. The lines were not too long and we rarely waited more than one turn for a ride. The lines did increase after noon.

The waterpark area was pure insanity. There was no meaningful staff supervision. Kids (and adults!) were pusing and jamming their way onto the waterslides with no regards to any type of line. The staff was not present on the waterslide structure and only observed from the ground yelling at the kids to form a line. It would have been far better to place one staff at the head of each slide and administer turns in an orderly manner. I would not allow my son to go more than once for fear he would be trampled. I did not enjoy the waterpark due to the fact it was poorly supervised, mismanaged and pure mayhem.

The prices for food are rediculous. Lunch will run about $10 a person for less than great food. A slush was $4.50. Bring your own lunch if you can - certainly bring your own snacks.

After 3 hours I had a splitting headache, was totally nauseated and could not wait to leave. Why the "not too bad" overall assessment - my son loved it. For adults - this is a 2; for kids 10 and under - this is a 7.5.

Reviewed January 13, 2008

I have been to Quassy Park many times as well as several dozen amusment parks across the country. Quassy is what it is...an old time amusement park with charm, water, trees, a beach and a RELAXED atmosphere.

Prices are certainly fair.

Ed in California

1  Thank MooseCalifornia
Reviewed January 22, 2006

This amusement park isn't anything to write home about but if you have very young children and live within an hour drive of Middlebury then this would definitely fill up a nice summer day. It isn't very pricey and there is much for young ones to do. Just don't bring your teenagers here because they will be bored within a half hour or so. There is a small waterpark type area that they built recently and also you can swim in the Lake on their beach.

4  Thank MaddVibes