“Perfect for my kids”

Quassy Amusement Park & Waterpark
More attraction details
Owner description: Family amusement park offers great rides, waterpark, beach, arcade, food, entertainment and games. Home of the award-winning Wooden Warrior roller coaster and new thrill rides Frantic and Reverse Time. Several new slides in the waterpark.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Love this place....first time there and I loved that my 6 and 7 year olds could go on every ride. It was a great family day and can't wait to go back again plus it's very affordable!

2  Thank Stephanie C
parkgoer, Manager at Quassy Amusement Park & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Thank you for your review! we are glad you enjoyed the day and do visit again.

There are newer reviews for Quassy Amusement Park & Waterpark

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Review based on a Saturday visit.

For kids between 6-10, this is a very good family park. It's not too big, and there are plenty of fun rides to keep the children entertained.

The lake swimming area and beach is small & crowded, and the deepest swim area may be 3-4 feet - good for wading but not swimming.

Plan to get there before the park opens (11am) to get a) the maximum enjoyment out of the park w/o lines and b) parking close to the rides. As soon as the crowds show up (around noon), lines become long and shorter children become harder to keep track of among the taller kids (especially in the water park area).

If you use a Groupon, go directly to the Group Sales office (not the individual ticket line). Picnic area gets overly busy at 1pm. But you can eat anywhere in the park.

Park food is good and reasonably priced.

Overall, great day for kids.

3  Thank cdesfo

Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your day.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

In quick summary: Be extremely careful if you get offsite parking, it's dangerous. Be prepared to pay full price for a 1 year old in the splash away bay even tho they cannot partake in the rides (and don't ask the ticket agent why!). Lake Compounce is a cheaper/better option for families with 3 year old and under children. Details as follows:

We arrived at the park and the onsite parking lot was full so we were redirected to their secondary park which is a baseball field on the opposite side of the street. I don't mind having to do a little walking but when we got to the street we had to cross (a fairly busy state route) there were NO cross walks and NO Quassy employees helping people cross the street! Then once we cross the only way to enter the park is by walking down the vehicle entrance/exit where I felt like we were dodging cars left and right. Extremely unsafe and definitely something this park needs to look into before someone is seriously injured.

The next issue I have with the park is the fact that my 1 year old daughter, who cannot even partake in all of their water park area upgrades, had to pay the full adult price of $15! It was $60 for a family of four to take a 1 year old who could only use the beach and the smaller splash pad in the waterpark area. I vaguely remembered 2 years and under being free to the beach area in the past so when asking the ticket agent at the window if she was free he said "No, everyone pays." I asked when that policy started because I thought two and under was free, to which he said "No, everyone pays."

Despite the dangerous entrance, and the rude welcoming by the ticket agent, I will say that they have done some nice upgrades to the waterpark area. Unfortunately none of those upgrades are applicable to a toddler, so it is definitely not worth your money going there until your kid is older. There are way more features at Lake Compounce and, adult season passes are cheaper and children 3 and under are free.

1  Thank PezGoon
parkgoer, Owner at Quassy Amusement Park & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Thank you for you comments and we do appreciate them. We had an unexpectedly busy day when you visited and forced us to park across the street. We are reviewing how to better handle such a situation should it arise again.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Gave it a 4; I loved the park, we had lots of fun, great for the family. Took my granddaughter n daughter there. I wish they would make staff wear longer gloves, and be hygienic in the snack stands; I saw 2 staff scratching their hair, nose while making the cotton candy!

The water park was great; clean lots of fun, and so were all the rides. This park just need to improve on their snack area cleanliness, and bathroom too.

We had a great time with the exception of the 2 staff and bathrooms. The beach area was clean, we went on the paddle boat ride and mini lake cruise, it was fun!

Thank you for the comments. We have turned this over to the owners so the issues may be addressed at the locations you mentioned.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I took my son (age 9) along with 4 other kids ages 7-11 on a Tuesday. They had a blast! We were there from 1 until close at 8. This is a great amusement park for kids who are a little timid about rides and/or have not been to the bigger parks. They worked up their courage to ride the Wooden Warrior and then loved it! They spent the most time in the waterpark. Overall it was a great experience as a "starter" amusement park. The size of the park is also very manageable. We were able to easily return to our car to change clothes and eat a few a snacks. The workers were all very friendly and helpful. Great summer day!

1  Thank qjones8
parkgoer, Public Relations Manager at Quassy Amusement Park & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for the great review and do visit again!