“A confortable watering hole”
Review of Violi's Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Violi's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 138 Restaurants in Meriden
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This isn't far from our office. The food is fresh and the staff is really nice. If you want something changed (or special), they will take care of you. The specials are always good.....

There are newer reviews for Violi's Restaurant

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Poor value for money. This place schleps, as my wife accurately observed, "reception" food. Mass produced veal and Chicken meals. Flavorless pasta sides and tired salads that, if left out another hour would need to be tossed. The guys (I presume were golfers getting their load on as a "19th hole") in the bar area were yelling profanity and were obnoxious. Food overpriced. We will never return to this place.

1  Thank Dineoutalott
Reviewed October 21, 2013

had a very bad experience
manager just wanted to argue instead of fixing the problem
they served raw wings to my son 8yrs

1  Thank hiram m
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Staying at the close-by Hampton Inn, I took the recommendation of the evening clerk of Violi's as the best local restaurant. I went with an associated and we were not disappointed. It's an Italian restaurant with a casual atmosphere. It's located at a local golf course, so the views are nice and you may encounter a local clientele on a nice day. We ate at the bar with a friendly attendant. The nightly specials offered a varied selection and both our choices were very good. Prices are very reasonable and the drink and wine selection is fine. It was enjoyable enough that I went back the next evening alone and had a pleasant conversation with other bar diners. I highly recommend this local spot.

1  Thank Travelingwillie
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Poor service, Outside seating might be over the exhaust fan or with the outdoor diners who are permitted to smoke at the table during dinner. YUCK. Portions are large with tasteless food. View of the golf course is nice and the salad was fresh. WAY OVERPRICED for the lack of quality