“Nice Place”

Red Roof Inn Meriden
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed here traveling back from Maine to Cincinnati. Nice hotel. Like most, they need to do a better job vacuuming between mattress and box spring at the headboard. Nice room and staff. We were pulling a 19 foot camper. They had a separate area for that, but it could be tricky on a crowed night. Definitely tricky for very large trailer. The hotel sits below the highway, so if you're sensitive to noise, be sure to ask for a room on the other side, or run the AC unit, as some highway noise does come through at night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed here with our swim team. The air conditioner had a water running sound that ran all night long. I called the front desk around midnight and they told me they would let maintenance know in the morning. If my daughter was not asleep already I would have asked for another room. The next morning at check out when I complained I was told to e-mail Hilton corp., which I did 3 times and also filled out their survey. After not getting a response I called and was refunded my money. I was told at that time the hotel should have taken care of me because of their 100% satisfaction guarantee. I am dissapponted Hilton does not answer e-mails or respond when people take the time to answer their survey. Would ask about air conditioner before staying here, was told they are new and have had many complaints. Other swimmer also complained.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Called ahead around 11 pm and the property was sold out of king rooms, which we wanted to we could have our 1-year-old just sleep in our bed with us.

On checkin, I asked if they had cribs. The answer from the front desk clerk was yes, but she couldn't go get one because she was the only employee there. "People usually reserved them in advance," she said. OK, fine, I asked if I could go get it from the storage closet. She said no, it's against policy.

Finally, the night security guard who overheard our conversation went ahead and got the crib for us and brought it upstairs. Well beyond the call of duty, very much unlike the Hampton employee with the bad attitude.

Room was a little small compared with other Hamptons I've stayed in. Otherwise it was fine. Convenient to highways as others mentioned...so convenient you'll be lulled to sleep by the sounds of truck engine braking on the adjacent I-91.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We stayed here to visit family located all over Connecticut. The hotel is located on I-91 at a crossroads with CT 15 and 66. CT 9, I-691 and I-84 are not far, so it's a pretty convenient location to stay when visiting all over the state. Parking is free. We had a pair of adjoining rooms with one empty refrigerator and one small microwave. Each room had two full size beds that were stiff but had very nice linens. Air conditioning was fierce which was good considering some of the very hot days we had. It took two days to notice that the desk is on wheels and can pull out to let you face the room or TV or window if you are working with a laptop. There is a large flat screen. Carpet was sturdy but reasonable on feet. There is no safe in the room. The front desk has a safe deposit box for small items, but it is not large enough for a laptop computer. The bath was compact but fine for a family with small kids. Our two rooms faced the highway, but the noise was not noticeable except when it was silent in the room. I assume that rooms on the other side of the hotel were probably close to silent all the time. Breakfast included make-it-yourself waffles, a rotating selection of omelets or scrambled eggs and some sort of second hot item: sausage, bacon, surprisingly good home fries. There were a selection of cold cereals, yogurt, muffins, toast, milk, juices, coffee. There were fresh bananas and oranges and a bowl of (probably previously frozen) fruit in a sweet syrup. There is a small exercise room with one large TV, one treadmill, one recumbent bike. Service was friendly each day. Check-in and out were painless. High speed internet was pretty easy to use, but the speed was quite slow. There is an old, well-kept, small cemetary adjoining the hotel property that was interesting for our small kids to walk in because of the fireflies and some very old headstones. Freshly placed flowers at the grave of an infant that died 100 years ago caught our attention. It was a good base for an extended family visit. We'll probably stay there again next year.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tgl
Reviewed July 5, 2010

An average Hampton Inn, but the staff was very friendly. Its what you expect in a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on the way to New York City and on the way back - we took the train which was only about 2 miles from the hotel, very convenient, and we were able to leave our car at the hotel on the one night we stayed in New York. It was clean, the staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was good, except for the egg omelets (cheap velveeta style cheese inside). Felt like a safe area. Room was decent size and pretty comfortable. No pool, though we didn't have time to use it, but we really do like pools at hotels.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Very nice hotel with nice rooms
stayed here on our way to Cape Cod and have only good things to say about our stay :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden

Been to Red Roof Inn Meriden? Share your experiences!