All reviews hampton inn off the highway room was clean stay there again we've stayed the breakfast area free breakfast front desk staff inns kim ct rates hallway nyc
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

If I can give this place a negative rating,I would. Even 1 out of 5 is too high for them. This place provides no breakfast, but lured guests with expectation of breakfast. One of the rooms had sheets engraced with hair while another room provided room and board for rodents in the bathroom. Something was in the sheets that caused a case of rash. One would find even mouse traps under the sink. The nasty front door manager refused to acknowledge the problem.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Aleks A
RedRoofInnMeriden, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Dear Alerks A,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Meriden. We value your opinion and feedback on how we could have met and exceeded our expectations.

Each Red Roof Franchise determines what type, if any breakfast is to be offered to Guests. As of 5/16/2018 breakfast has been discontinued at this location and signs indicating this decision have been posted in our lobby and elevator areas. Also, updated information on amenities offered can be found on our Hotel website which gives Guests the opportunity to make alternate plans for breakfast. We had notified all of our third party partners of the change and it would be their responsibility to post updates on their booking sites and to advise guests when making reservations.
All rooms are cleaned and inspected on a daily basis with brand approved chemicals. Many of those chemicals are scented and we regret the possibility that you may have been allergic or may have developed an allergy to one or more of these cleaning chemicals. You will want to consult your primary care physician or an allergist to be tested for rash causing allergens.

Red Roof Inns are a great value for the economy minded traveler and offer rates and amenities competitive to brands in the same or similar market class.

Red Roof Inn
10 Bee Street
Meriden, CT

Reviewed July 15, 2018

My son and I (and my dog, Rowdy) traveled up to Meriden, CT from Orlando, FL. I had family business to attend to as I lived in Meriden previously. We arrived at the Red Roof Inn 7:00am and were allowed to check in early for a fee of $30. Once we walked into the second floor we could smell smoke. Once we entered the room we could smell the smoke even more. As we were both tired from our drive and had to be at an appointment at 3:00pm, we tried to get some rest. Unfortunately, that was not possible. The room next to us had a dog that would not stop barking. Now I am not complaining about the dog, as I am fully aware that it is a dog property. That was the huge selling point for me to bring my pup. But I am aware that your policy is that the dog must not be a nuisance to other guests. This dog would not stop barking and the guests in the room were playing with it and making it bark. I do not understand why this was not addressed by the front desk staff as the whole second floor was hearing it. Unfortunately, we were unable to rest so the early check in was pointless.

The following day our stay was even worse. That evening when we returned to our room we could smell the scent of marijuana on our floor. It was so strong that it could be smelled in the room as well. We even saw a guest come out of their room smoking. As we checked out on Thursday morning, we made the front desk clerk aware of what we saw the previous night and of the marijuana smell. She took our concern in jest and even commented to us that this has happened before. She made mention that it has happened previously and the floor was shut down. She even said that there were police officers at the hotel that night and it was a good thing that they did not smell it. She next joked that it was good we maybe got a “contact high”. I knew this was a joke, but it was not amusing.

I specifically chose this Red Roof Inn for its convenience to Wallingford and the ability to bring my dog with me. I will not be staying here again when I come back up in December. There are too many shady people hanging around the parking lot and front desk at all hours that are not guests. The smoke smell (both cigarette and marijuana) is unacceptable at what is supposed to be a smoke free property (as posted by the signs all over the hotel). Unfortunately, I am not sure I would stay at Red Roof Inn at any location after the way my concerns were addressed. As a matter of fact, on my way back to Florida I was planning on staying at another Red Roof Inn in Richmond, VA. We instead chose a LaQuinta Inn that also has a dog policy at no charge.

Room tip: Avoid the highway side
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Mike W
RedRoofInnMeriden, Guest Services Representative at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear Mike W,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Meriden. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for encountering smoke inside the building. We are a 100 percent smoke free facility and we do take smoking of any substance anywhere in inside the building very seriously. If evidence is found of smoking in a specific room, that Guest is charged a property damage recovery fee and if any Guest is sighted smoking in the building, that Guest is asked to leave the property.
We do accept one well behaved pet per room.
Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Red Roof Inn
10 Bee Street
Meriden, CT 06450

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We went to this inn the night before surgery scheduled for early morning at the Meriden surgery center... (the idea was to get a good night's rest, bathe and do the 5 minute drive, rather than get up in the wee hours and drive an hour ... seemed like being well rested was the best preparation for a difficult day.

The room was much nicer than expected, I would be happy with these accommodations anywhere.

However, they could do with a better restaurant list... They are not so far from Middletown, Connecticut with it's restaurants. Instead we tried to bring in from a local restaurant. My advice on that is "don't"... there does not seem to be any decent dining within the immediate area.

Date of stay: June 2018
RedRoofInnMeriden, Guest Services Representative at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear Eye4Dance,
Thank you for your great 5 star Review and for sharing your pleasant experience at Red Roof Inn Meriden. Minutes away from Midstate Medical Center and also not far from Yale New Haven Hospital and Hartford Hospital we are a convenient choice with friendly service and very clean rooms with relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
We do offer Guests a Local Restaurant list with a good variety of food types but it represents only some of our favorites and there are many others to choose from in the immediate area as well as a slightly further drive.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

what a lovely surprise. I didn't know the place was there. Excellent price-very clean and comfortable.the people working there were wonderful. special thanks to kim at the front desk who was very kind and helpful!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
RedRoofInnMeriden, Guest ServicesRepresentative at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2018

Dear suesipolansky77,
We are so glad you discovered our Red Roof Inn in Meriden, CT. Our Hotel became a Red Roof Inn about 8 Months ago and we are so pleased that your upbeat and positive review has helped introduce us through your recommendation to everyone who checks with Trip Advisor for the best travel values. Friendly services in clean and comfortable surroundings at a convenient and central location makes us the perfect place to stay.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

Was looking for a convenient, inexpensive hotel for one night. This was just right. Right off the highway - route 15 - front desk staff pleasant - room was clean - plenty of towels, hair dryer in room, mini coffee/tea maker, plenty of outlets including USB, comfortable bed, even had an office nook with an adjustable desk chair. Would stay here again!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
RedRoofInnMeriden, Guest Services Representative at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Dear LMV3,
Thank you for sharing your great Red Roof experience with everyone who checks in with Trip Advisor for their best recommended lodging. We appreciate you positive review of our clean and modern surroundings just right for both business and personal/family travel. Our central location makes us easy to find too! We will be so glad to see you again on your next visit.