“Suited Our Needs Well”

Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My daughter and I recently spent a night here in order to attend a concert at the Oakdale Theater. The room was clean and quiet; the breakfast was decent and included fresh fruit and a selection of healthy items; the property was easy to find and near several major thoroughfares. Since we returned fairly late, I was pleased that the parking lot was very well lit. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Hampton-Inn-Meriden, Night Auditor at Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear TripmomLedgewood_NJ,

Thank you so much for your feed-back! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come visit us again in the near future when you are in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed her due to my company had a meeting at this hote. The room was very clean and comfortable bed. My only disappoint was the breakfast - very skimpy on food selection as oppose to other Hampton's I've stayed in. No eggs, no bacon (which is very important) No fruit. The breakfast could be alot better.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was in the area visiting Wesleyan for an alumni event and stayed at this hotel last year, figured I would do the same now. Just a quick ride from campus, the hotel is perfect. Clean, friendly, etc and right off of the highway.

Room Tip: I don't really think it matters here. Views of a parking lot either way.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Andy M.,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is one Hampton Inn that I would advise avoiding if at all possible. In the competitive world of hotels, this Hampton is clearly competing with the Motel 6's and the Red Roof Inns and losing that competition. It is just not what you would expect from a Hilton hotel. It has fresh paint all around, but that cannot hide the old doors, beat drywall and tight accommodations. The lobby is very small compared to most Hamptons, but the location is the real killer. One side of the hotel-- fully half the rooms-- front on very busy I-91-SR 15. That is non-stop traffic 24-7 and heavy truck noise. You can hear road noise from the large culvert that runs right next to the property and faces it like a megaphone. Top that off with paper-thin walls with no noise insulation at all and this hotel is a sleeper's nightmare. You can hear your next-door neighbors coughing and talking like they were right inside your room. I got nowhere with my request for a quiet room-- I was told the only thing available was the highway side of the hotel and no king beds on that side of the building at all. The only price break on the room was the AAA discount off the rack rate. The hotel was clean and they did serve the standard Hampton breakfast, however, it was not a comfortable place to relax. The building was so old looking that I almost thought that it was some other chain before it was a Hampton. In my opinion, Hilton should decommission this hotel or force the owner to re-build if he wants to keep the franchise. We would have done better at a lower level chain in the area. There was a brand new looking Hawthorne Suites just up the street from the Hampton that was not facing a highway. I was sorry I didn't check in there instead. It had to be quieter and more comfortable than this old monster.

Room Tip: Try the Hawthorne Suites up the road on E Main Street and away from I-91. It has to be a much quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank OldeBlueHen
Hampton-Inn-Meriden, Front Desk/Night Auditor at Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear OldeBlueHen,

Thank you so much for your feed-back! We do take the time to review each comment. Your input is very valuable. We're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Our staff will always try to go the extra mile to make your stay better. And we're sorry for the inconvienence of a noisy room and that we were unable to provide you a King room, but all of the Kings were occupied the evening of your stay. As for our hotel it is under new mangement and they have been making renonovations to our hotel in order to improve it. We hope you come visit us again soon when you are in the area.

Xavier S.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Arrived at hotel with numerous over sized boxes UPS delivered prior to my arrival waiting in the front desk office. Staff routinely announced when new shipments arrived during my week's stay. All of this was somewhat of an inconvenience as the boxes were big and likely in their way. The hotel very clean and the staff were exceptional. I will stay here the next time I am in town.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton-Inn-Meriden, Front Desk/Night Audit at Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Craig M,

Thank you so much for your feed-back! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I remember speaking with you about taking care of your packages, we were able to work around the large package in out office. We hope you will come visit us again in the near future when you are in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

comfortable, and very clean and quiet. Just the right aray of ameneties and in a great location near major interstates. Staff friendly and anticipate needs, breakfast decent and healthy. A nice mix of travellers.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton-Inn-Meriden, General Manager at Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Jackie,

Thank you so much for your feed-back! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location near the interstate makes travel a lot more convenient. We hope you will come visit us again in the near future when you are in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Hampton Inns provide consistently good quality accommodations and well-trained, courteous staff. Rooms are clean and quiet, external noise is minimal, even though near major highway. Comp. breakfast is good quality and nicely served. We would always seek out a Hampton Inn when traveling. It's not luxurious, but everything is good quality, and it's consistently reliable at a reasonable price. An excellent travel value.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank David R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Four Points by Sheraton Meriden

Been to Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford? Share your experiences!