“Hampton Inn was good!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Dallas, Texas
“Hampton Inn was good!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

It is very conveniently located off highway. Check in was easy. 2 Dunking Donuts located nearby, which helped because breakfast was not so great :( Gas stations are close as well, which is good for snacks/food and drinks, as there is no room service, only vending machines with bag snacks and soda machines.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Chad D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Woodland Park, NJ, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The entire staff (desk clerks, breakfast staff, maids)at this hotel was very friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was very clean, the bed linen was clean and fresh, the free breakfast was varied and tasty, and my entire stay was a very pleasant experience! I particularly want to mention that when I was two hours away from the hotel, I remembered that I had left my laptop computer in my room. I called the hotel, and the especially helpful desk clerk on duty found the computer and "overnighted" the computer via UPS to my home! It arrived safe and sound to my home the next day! I wish to thank ALPESH PATEL and that helpful desk clerk for the time and effort they expended to save me a 4 hour trip to return to the hotel! Many, many thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

New Jersey, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

From the moment I called for reservation, I knew what my expectations were checking in. The friendly momentum from the caring staff continued at checking till the day we checked out. For a small hotel, this establishment delivers, from staff to the quality of rooms especially the decor of the dining/lounge area for breakfast. It was also assuring knowing that the staff was looking for our return next year the same time in February 2015. It is always a pleasure to also know that you have maintained to keep some of your dedicated staff. Until the next Sweetheart Tournament 2015.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Bridgewater, NJ, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel while en route to Wesleyan College, and found the location very convenient . While we only stayed one night, during our time we found the staff to be exceedingly friendly and the rooms to be clean and well-maintained. The hotel is rather small, and does not have any particularly fancy amenities (i.e. a pool), but it served its purpose well. We made use of the complimentary breakfast during our stay, and while the selection was not as big as some other Hampton Inns, the quality of the food was good. Having stayed with my family at Hampton Inns all over the country, I found the Hampton Inn in Meriden to be your "typical" Hampton Inn - not at all a bad thing though when "typical" means affable staff, clean rooms and a good value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

West Orange, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

When you enter this hotel, you don't know the wonderful experience the rooms, breakfast service and staff have waiting for you. The room was tasteful and spacious, the breakfast was abundant and the staff there sweet and accommodating, and all the staff of the hotel are friendly and want to make sure you are happy. And the bed was SO comfy, I barely remember closing my eyes at night! I cannot recommend this Hampton Inn enough!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Stoughton, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

There was a bad snowstorm and the staff went above and beyond to help me dig my car out of the snow and had the parking lot plowed before the roads were plowed. Facility was very clean and staff made me feel very special. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who would ask.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been to this hotel several times and I really like it. Th only real problem that I had was the hot water and water pressure was not that great. Staff were helpful and I would continue to come back here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden

Been to Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford? Share your experiences!