“One of our favorites”

Red Roof Inn Meriden
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Convienately located right off the highway interstate 91 . Always know what you are getting in the way of servicebreakfast, nice businnes area and fast wifi and clean pool along with fresh smelling room . Will be back next year

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Would not stay here more than overnight. The rooms are good for the price. But I would recommend the diner across the street for breakfast. The free breakfast provided is sub-par. The hotel staff is courteous and has a list of recommended restaurants in the area that they have personally tried before recommending.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Laura A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Bruce,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your stay. We are glad to have met your needs while in town and appreciate your feedback on our breakfast offerings. We will share your comments with our culinary team to make any necessary changes to our selection. We hope you will stay with us again and experience our quality service and hospitality, the next time you travel to the area.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here after snow got too dangerous on interstate 91. Dan at the front desk was helpful and efficient. The room was very very quiet -- fourth floor, in the back. Very strong wifi too. I paid about $77 with tax. Great value.

• Stayed: December 2012
Laura A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

BenBombo:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at The Hampton Inn Meriden-Wallingford. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! I will be sure to share your comments with Dan. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Dan was handling the front desk when we checked in. He was very efficient. When we got to the room, I saw it was next to the ICE machine so I went back and asked to switch. He could not have been nicer. Moved us down the hall. A little later, I asked for restaurant recommendations. He gave me a whole sheet and even offered menus on most. Everything with a smile and kind demeanor.

The room is typical Hampton. Great built ins for clothes, computer and toiletries. This Hampton is a little older so the rooms are a bit small. I would not want to be here a week unless I was traveling solo. And no pool or jacuzzi.

Room was clean, breakfast was typical Hampton and just what I like. For just passing through, this will be my stop in the Hartford CT. area.

Room Tip: Given how quiet the room was I do not think the ice machine would have been an issue. the rooms app...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Homer17402:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay at The Hampton Inn Meriden-Wallingford. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that Dan was such a great help! I will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Meriden
Reviewed December 12, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this Hampton Inn over Thanksgiving and I was very pleased with our experience. We stayed at this hotel several years ago and our experience was not wonderful but the property has been recently renovated and the changes have brought the property up to the standards and quality that I have experienced recently at other Hampton Inns.

Check in was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and fresh and everything was in good working order. We had a room on the third floor on the highway side and we noticed no obtrusive noise at all. The beds were too soft and springy for my liking but we slept fine.

Breakfast options were standard Hampton fare (which I tend to find perfectly sufficient). Free 24 hour coffee in the lobby was a nice extra.

The next time I am in the Meriden area, I would not hesitate to book another stay at this location.

• Stayed: November 2012

Andyman45:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The Hampton Inn Meriden. I am so happy that you came back after several years to find our newly renovated rooms were up to your standards. We have worked hard to make the hotel clean, friendly and comfortable and I am happy it was just that for you and your family. We look forward to welcoming you back again when you're in the Meriden area.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Like all Hampton Inns this one is very good as well. The washrooms are clean but the sink in the washroom does take a little bit longer to drain.

I was travelling with my colleagues and in the night there was a knock on my colleagues door. It was the maintenance guy who said that the shower in the room was leaking on the inside and there was water dripping in the room below - that was kinda funny - never heard of similar issues in any of the other Hampton Inns I have stayed in the past. Other than there our stay was very comfortable.

The rooms away from the highway are very quite and comfortable. The breakfast area is small, I hope the hotel can remodel the area to create more space.

We had booked 4 rooms and paid thru the Hilton website. But one of my colleagues could not travel with us because his father was seriously ill and had to be hospitalized. When I requested for a refund the hotel management told me that they could not refund. But when I called the Hilton website they promised a return and said that they have talked to the hotel management to provide a refund. I am still waiting for the refund.

Room Tip: Request for rooms with king size bed - these are away from the highway and very quite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

aloo707:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at my hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay even though there were a few disturbances. Please apologize to your colleague on behalf of the hotel, that is a very unusual circumstance and we thank them for being so helpful in helping us prevent an even bigger issue. If you still have not received your refund please reach out to me and I will contact Hilton to ensure you are taken care of. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Laura Arneson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Courtyard New Haven Wallingford

Been to Red Roof Inn Meriden? Share your experiences!