“Comfortable and Good Location”

Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Randolph, New Hampshire
“Comfortable and Good Location”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed on our way to and from NYC, Very nice, clean enough, Friendly front desk, good breakfast. Walls seemed a little thin, we were in rm 211, but really not loud enough to be a problem. Could use another business computer in the lobby but otherwise a nice place to stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Laura A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Demerwl:

Thank you so much for posting your experience about your stay at The Hampton Inn Meriden-Wallingford. We are a great stopping point on the way to and from NYC, with our location right off the highway it makes it an easy stop. Breakfast is an important meal and I'm delighted to hear ours lived up to your expectation. I'm sorry our walls seemed a little thin, but glad it wasn't a huge impact on your overall experience. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

My best,

Laura Arneson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Valley Forge
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Location can't be beat, just off I-91 and Merritt Parkway. Property is well maintained.

Check-in was wonderful. I'd arrived very early, around 11:30, and didn't expect to be able to check-in but they accommodated me. I had a king bed which, apparently, is the quiet side of the hotel. I had no problem with noise, internal or external, and I'm sensitive to that. Room was well appointed, typical Hampton, but not worn at all and had a modern HD flat screen TV with cable. Bathroom was small but otherwise OK.

I stayed using Hilton Honors points. Usually, Hilton properties undervalue the points relative to Marriott but this location was an excellent value, whether using points or paying cash.

Overall, I was pleased with the property and would certainly return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Trenton, NJ
Reviewed October 5, 2012

It's hard to beat the free morning breakfast offered at the Hampton Inns, but this one went well beyond the norm and not only offered a hot breakfast, but friendly service also. This hotel is easy to get to. The only downside was the lack of close quality resturants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
M
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn, Meriden, during a business trip. The property is well maintained and clean. The carpets, furniture and electronics were in excellent condition and clearly up to date. I will gladly return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sidbern
new york
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Knowing this hotel is adjacent to a noisy highway, I requested a quiet room. But I didn't think to note that I didn't care if the room had a king bed or two beds. Little did I know that all of the rooms with 2 beds are on the highway (VERY noisy) side of the hotel. And the quiet side has all king beds.

When I called that afternoon to double check on the room, I found that the only room left was "noisy" side. The clerk was pleasant enough, but tried to convince me that the top floor room would be quiet, since the highway noise faded out at that height. Seemed a bit fishy to me, having stayed in far too many highway hotels. I should have cancelled then and there and found another hotel.

I took a chance. Arrived and found the room was incredibly noisy and also seemed to be full of some sort of horrible air freshener covering up what was obviously a room that had been full of smoke. Again, I realize this happens, but I couldn't stay in that room. The young man at the desk was very understanding and patient. He found the phone number of another nearby Hampton for me, but it was full too.

As a last resort, he moved me to a room on the first floor. Fortunately no smoke, no air freshener and even though it was on the highway side, it was marginally quieter. Running the bathroom fan was enough to drown out some of the highway noise.

The hotel has been renovated in the past few years, the rooms are quite nice, clean and up to date. I certainly would stay here again, if I could be guaranteed a room away from the highway.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make sure your room is away from the highway!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ldygrdnr
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Free breakfast, great location to the highway and no noise. I love that they wash the comforters. Unfortunately they use a frangrance in the room that is so overwhelming and wreaks havoc with my allergies. I had to chase a cleaning lady down everyday to ask her not to use it in my room because the desk staff doesn't remember to tell them and there's a different cleaning lady everyday. I would have rated them higher if it wasn't for that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tinnie13
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have stayed here several times and can report a consistent experience; quiet, clean rooms, decent breakfast and good service. Will always be my 'go-to' hotel in this area. I try and use Hampton Inn's whenever I can and this certainly meets expectations

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden

Been to Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford? Share your experiences!