“Took care of us”

Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I stay in a four points in MA a lot so thought this would be the same caliber. The lobby was newly redone but the rooms and hallways were not. Missing tile and peeling wallpaper in the bathroom and musty smell... the bad stuff... now for the good stuff. After dinner which was good (not exceptional) I asked the front desk for another room. We had a great exchange with the staff and were given a room on the SPG level... funny I am an SPG member but didn't get this upfront (probably not enough stays). This room was MUCH better smelling and better condition. The bed was a little lopsided. When there were no blankets for the pull out the front desk gal brought them up with bananas, inside joke from before and a vogue for my 15 year old daughter. That was SOO nice. The staff made it great but I probably wouldn't stay there again. Price was right.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 27, 2010

I wish i had read any reviews before staying here. this hotel is in dire need up remodel, update. old , old , old and musty. i would have found another place to stay had it not been so late at nite. old, stained carped, old sad bed, LOUD old ac units... jus tnot a good time. the only positive was they were nice as could be at front desk.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
4pointsmanager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to first of all say that we are extremely disapointed that you did not enjoy your most recent stay at the hotel. It is our goal to deliver our guest with a memorable experience as well as quality product that you may enjoy. I am sorry that we let you down. I am happy to announce that our restaurant has recently undergone a seventy thousand dollar rennovation to become on of the most popular and updated sports bar and grills in the city featuring 25 HD flat screen TV's. In the next few months we will be updating our lobby carpet and bedding package. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff service as we only hire the most dedicated hospitality staff that we can find.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is our goal to premier hotel in Meriden and we will take your feedback very seriously as we try to achieve this goal.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

From the moment we walked in I was uncomfartable. There was a wedding reception going, or a pre-reception where the guests were having cocktails in the front lobby. I felt very uncomfortable walking through the wedding guests to try to find the elevator to get to our room. Rudeness at best from the front desk. I can't believe the hotel did not have a room set aside before the reception started. We were 4 adults in a room with 2 queen beds. The room is small. We had to call the front and ask for another setting of towels, etc. Which was brought up promtly. Knowing 4 people were going to be in the room it should already be there. The cleanliness of the floors was horrible. The bathroom floor was sticky. The carpeting is stained and felt dirty. No bare feet. The pillows were terrible. The windows were extremely dirty. The bathroom ceiling tiles need to be replaced because of stains. Although the AC works well, the noise it makes keeps you awake all night. And if I hadn't already been awake, I would have needed the wake up call I requested and did not get.
We as a group travel a few times a year with our antique muscle cars. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I would never stay here again. Conveniently located, but the carpets were absolutely filthy - in the guest room and throughout the hotel. Guest service responsiveness (to requests including clean towels and toilet paper) was extremely poor, and the breakfast left much to be desired. Internet service was very poor much of the time. Very run down feeling inside the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Okay, so I saw the reviews, but I really needed a hotel I could use my SPG points at along my travels up North...wish I had chosen another one. Plus- The front-desk clerk checking us in was very nice and personable, there were fresh cookies (and a candy jar) on the counter, and this is the first Sheraton I've seen that actually has a goldfish in the fishbowl (you know you see it in their ads sometimes)...it was a nice check-in experience. Also, not sure how it is other times of the year, but it was very quiet...maybe too quiet?...meaning not many people staying there- again there could be a "hotter time" of the year for this hotel to fill-up. Quick other +'s= pool was nice-yeah! weight room- not bad, not much, but could get a decent workout in. Anyway, my negatives which kind of sealed the deal for not returning unless changes are made- The outside of the hotel looked just grungy, and that led to the inside where the room was not the most pleasant experience. The sheets were dirty!, just looked grungy, and I would let my children get near the throw pillows or comforter. The regular pillows were awful-so squishy and "used up"- had a hard time sleeping. The bath water trickled so took a long time filling the tub for the children (yes I wiped it down first, always do!). So that is why I wouldn't return..I can overlook some things- but not dirty sheets, bad pillows, which don't make one feel comfortable. Oh, I always look under the mattress (just in case) and what did I find? A bottle (empty?) of some kind of hard liquor..interesting! For food lovers- no breakfast of any kind offered.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4pointsmanager, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing The Four Points by Sheraton in Meriden Connecticut for your recent visit to Meriden, Connecticut. It is our goal to provide excellent service, a clean and comfortable room and a memorable experience for our guest. I am excited to hear that you were pleased with the service. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the condition and cleanliness of the room. I am happy to share that our hotel has recently changed management and we will keep your experience in mind while we are rolling out new initiatives to enhance the guest experience at the hotel.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience! Without our guest feedback our hotel would not be able to meet the expectations our clients.

Four Points by Sheraton Meriden Management

Reviewed July 19, 2010

The carpet in the room and hallways were stained, worn and gross. The bathroom had stains on the seiling tiles. The TV was at least 5+ years old. The bedding needs to be replaced, especially the pillows (like sleeping on a sponge). No easy accessible electrical outlets by bed for laptop and cell phone. The promote it as a 3 star hotel, at best it was 2 stars.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
4pointsmanager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you choosing The Four Points by Sheraton for your recent visit to Meriden, CT. I am sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. I am happy to announce that our hotel is currently in the planning and purchasing process of replacing and upgrading T.V.'s and carpeting. These upgrades should be completed within the next few months.

Please consider staying at the hotel and experiencing the other great amenities of the hotel. Our newly opened sports bar, Silver City Bar and Grill features 15 flat screen T.V.'s to watch your favorite team on, as well as good food at a good price.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will give our hotel another opportunity to earn your trust back.

Four Points by Sheraton

Reviewed May 28, 2010

From outside hotel looks nice, even lobby is nice. Staff was nice and friendly... that about it. Room is good size, but there are stains on the carpet. Our bathroom had some sort of weird water odor. When my wife called and complained we were moved to a different room. Which was not any better than the first one. First room had a fridge and microwave, but the room we were moved to did not. Bed had 2 huge pillows and only 2 sleeping pillows. Bathroom was not really clean.

I got good rate from Priceline, otherwise I would be upset... if paid full price. Starwood really needs to do some renovations here.. and get new cleaning staff.

We ordered food and it was ok.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for recently staying at the Four Points by Sheraton during your recent visit to Meriden Connecticut. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations of a three star hotel.

I am happy to announce that we are in the planning and ordering stages of addressing many of the items that you mention, such as new carpeting. It is our goal to listen to our guest and then deliver the product and service which they expect.

The hotel has recently formed and new management team and will work diligently to ensure our guest are satisfied with their visit.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope that you will find it in your heart to try us again.

Jay Mitchell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!