“Mediocre, overpriced”

Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Average hotel. A little shabby compared to newer facilities. Friendly, accommodating staff. Breakfast at the attached restaurant was poor. Found a bed bug molting behind the headboard in the first room, was moved into another room with apologies. Water temperature fluctuated dramatically in the shower. No temperature markings on the air conditioner thermostat. Free bottled water. No glasses in room, only unwrapped paper cups. CRT TV. Overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 16, 2010

We had the displeasure of staying at the Four Points in Meriden for a friends wedding. Our stay was for two nights and I called the hotel over a month before to make the reservation and whoever I spoke with told me she was 'new' and to bear with her. I made sure she repeated to me what I reserved so as to avoid any confusion and she told me the correct information and gave me a confirmation number. The morning after the first night we were told we only had a reservation for one night and that the hotel was overbooked and there was nothing they could do. Thank goodness some friends were staying there too as we had to room with them. The hotel staff did not bother to tell me that my stay was for only one night when we checked in and said had they done so we could have fixed the problem then and there, but somehow knew I wanted to stay both nights when they called me in the room to tell me they were overbooked. They said they had overbooked the hotel by 23 rooms on that friday and then by four rooms that saturday. They also messed up my friends reservations, going so far as to offer one of them to stay at another hotel for which they would pay. To top it all off, when the bride and groom went to check in, the hotel gave their room away despite their reservation, and they did it to another bride and groom staying at the hotel. The hotel was grimy and the staff seemed to not care or want to own up to their mistakes. The only good part of the hotel was the Silver City Restaurant and Bar and it's bartenders. So if you make a reservation with this hotel make sure they do their job and keep it for you. Better yet, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank InspireFire
Reviewed March 20, 2010

i am writing this sitting in my room. The room is dirty the rugs are dirty and stained all over the room. There was very little hot water i took a cold shower. The tub is chipped . there are stains on the walls where it appears to have been pictures hung. When i complained i was told (this was saturday) that the manager would be in on monday

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I didn't expect much and I wasn't dissapointed. The staff was very friendly when we checked in. At 4 pm the hallways were still full of dining trays, trash, and bedsheets. They put us in a room with big comfortable pillows on the bed, a refrigerator and a microwave. We realized however that when the door was fully shut, you could still see in the room through a gap in the door that had to be 1/4" wide. The door also looked like it had been broken down a few times. We requested a new room by calling the front desk and after 20 minutes of not hearing back from them I called the desk and they had forgotten us. They moved us to the room next door, whose door was fine, but it had no refrigerator, none of the big pillows, and no microwave. You would have thought they might have upgraded us. The room was fine, the bed was ok. the sheets were kind of scratchy, and the towels smelled like corn tortillas. I got the room very cheap ($54) from an online travel site. You get what you pay for I guess. I would say this is a 2 star hotel. I've stayed in worse.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2009

The hotel was a nice place for my wife and I to stay while Holiday shopping in the area. Yogi's Sports Bar was typical of a hotel bar/restaurant.

The service was friendly.

A couple downsides:

Heated Pool- Pool was warm, but the room it was in wasn't so it was chilly.
Door between rooms didn't block any noise from the next room.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

My husband and I traveled with our two children to visit our oldest at Quinnipiac University - we booked this hotel through Priceline and paid a total of just over $100 including tax for two nights' stay. We weren't bowled over by this hotel but it suited our needs perfectly. Was about 15-20 minutes from QU.

The Good:
Very friendly and helpful front desk staff
Yogi's Restaurant - within the hotel - yummy food, HUGE portions, VERY reasonable in price
The indoor pool was HUGE - the kids loved it
Room was very large
Room was clean
Excellent pressure and temperature in the shower

The Bad:
Heater was extremely LOUD at night, banging on and off, woke us all up intermittently
Vending/ice not on every floor, had to go on a treasure hunt to find them
This hotel could definitely use some sprucing up... it definitely has lots of "little things" (dings, nicks, worn out carpet, etc.) that are noticeable.
Maid service - the room was clean but not a whole lot of attention to detail on the "little things" (didn't empty ice bucket or refill the TP or coffee which we ran out of, too few towels, etc.)

In all, this was a clean and safe place to stay, I certainly would recommend it if you're looking for a good value without a lot of "extras" or if you don't require luxurious accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2009

This is a basic business hotel with reasonable accommodation and amenities for a short (1-2 nights) trip. Rooms are large but not luxurious. Food at the restaurant (a sports bar) is just about average. I would not recommended this hotel for longer stays.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!