“Brilliant customer service”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Los Angeles
“Brilliant customer service”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed here for a long stay while looking for a place to live, as medical school is the reason for relocating. The staff actually became friends. The rooms were in the middle of a total upgrade and we were lucky enough to stay in a completed room. Since we were staying here for a long period of time, we made the hotel manager aware of who we were and introduced our doggies. She was welcoming and did everything one could expect of a "hotel mum". Hotel staff knew our names and were attentive to our needs (i.e. cleaning the room at a moments notice while we were out and about and the pub knew our unique food requests before we could even begin to place an order). Yvonne is the manager and I suggest introducing yourself, as she will stop at nothing to make an experience tailored to your needs. Thank you to everyone, from Kevin in the restaurant to Evelyn at the front desk! I am a bit of a hotel snob, and I truly recommend this hotel, even if your main destination is Yale or a distance in kind.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TM_Day2014, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
What a lovely review! This one was immediately printed and posted for the staff to see. Thank you so much for your time and come back and visit us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have had the pleasure of visiting this hotel for business, dining, and pleasure (had our engagement and wedding events there as well as staying the night of our wedding) and it has been a great experience each time. Along with an incredibly accommodating staff, the hotel has gone through a beautiful renovation and looks great.
I would highly recommend this venue for conventions, a wedding, a place to eat lunch, or a place to stay...you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. The staff and management love to hear about good experiences from their hard work. Thank you again! Come back and visit us for your anniversary!
South Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have worked with the Four Points Meriden multiple times for hosting events and we've been extremely pleased. The hotel accommodations were above average, convenient in CT and off the highway and their food is very good. I especially appreciate their giving attitude and accommodating to last minute changes and/or requests. Renee Fishner was our Catering Manager and was very attentive to our needs and has made excellent suggestions. I would use them again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you or your time sending a review. We are delighted your experience was such that you wanted to recognize the staff as well. We shared this immediately! Thanks!
Oyster Bay, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and I went on a day trip looking for a pool, call ahead of time before driving 2 hours and the front desk told us the pool will be open. By the time we got there, we were told that the pool was closed for renovation. I was highly upset but I made the most out of the time I was there. After I checkout, I did a survey they emailed me, and I gave them all the details of my encounter. Within few hours I received an email from the GM, Ms. DeAngeli-Fontanez offering us a free room when the pool is open and she apologized for the miscommunication. I was just pleased to know they are willing to fix their errors. I will be staying there again for free!! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dilanw87
Thank you so much for your review. We have shared this response with all! Our renovation is complete - do come and visit us again.
Colchester, Connecticut
Reviewed February 11, 2014

With the remodel almost done, the hotel is first class. Great lunch menu, burgers are great, both the classic and the build a burger. Very friendly service. Fun activities in bar: trivia night, Karaoke night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TM_Day2014, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! Indeed, we have reached the end of the renovation and are really excited to present the brand new look. I have shared your comments with the staff. Chef was very pleased you enjoy the food as well. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Durham, Connecticut
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel is located off of I-91 and the Merritt Parkway and was the perfect spot for a meeting with one of my business associates. Not only was the location convenient, but there were lots of quiet, newly decorated spaces to meet in right off the lobby entrance. The staff couldn't have been more friendly, helpful, or accommodating. I visited the hotel for an event about a year ago before the renovations were started, and it looks completely different. It's coming along very nicely. My business associate and I ended up having lunch there after our meeting. The food was hot and good. A win win situation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for you review. Our location, one minute from I91, Route 15, Route 691 and 66, 148 and others ones, indeed, make us ideal for many day meetings. Thank you again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have been to this hotel for annual meetings .... it had been going a bit downhill . This time I thought I was suddenly I the wrong place ... it is completely different . There is staff everywhere greeting you and it looks like they enjoy bsing there . The decor is 100% different . The desk area is fun and modern . The restaurant busy which is a good sign and the guest rooms all new ...furniture, white linens drapes, new art work, hallways ..I noticed the other reviews ... the changes arecomplete now . I will be back! Thanks for signing me up for the rewards , I did not know I could get points from the bar too.... cool!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank michael s
TM_Day2014, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
We appreciate your review very much. The new ownership and the investment in the hotel renovation has truly changed the building. We look forward to your return, and know we share the responses with the whole team. Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!