“Huge changes at this hotel...very nice”

Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have been to this hotel for annual meetings .... it had been going a bit downhill . This time I thought I was suddenly I the wrong place ... it is completely different . There is staff everywhere greeting you and it looks like they enjoy bsing there . The decor is 100% different . The desk area is fun and modern . The restaurant busy which is a good sign and the guest rooms all new ...furniture, white linens drapes, new art work, hallways ..I noticed the other reviews ... the changes arecomplete now . I will be back! Thanks for signing me up for the rewards , I did not know I could get points from the bar too.... cool!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank michael s
TM_Day2014, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

We appreciate your review very much. The new ownership and the investment in the hotel renovation has truly changed the building. We look forward to your return, and know we share the responses with the whole team. Thank you again!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have visited this hotel for conferences in the past and was impressed then at how well their staff coordinates events. My husband and I stayed here for the first time for a one night visit because we were attending a party in the adjoining Silver City Sports Bar. Check in was a breeze, the staff were beyond nice. They upgraded our room and even called 15 minutes later to make sure everything was as we expected. The rooms were clean and spacious and look like the perfect place for anyone ranging from business travelers to families to stay. We visited the pool area--very large and clean, as was the fitness center. We plan on returning in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th and top floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TM_Day2014, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you so much for your response. We share all comments with each department and we are always delighted with responses that highlight the results of their work. Thank you again!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here one night prior to a client meeting nearby. I wasn't expecting anything besides a run-of-the-mill, clean place to rest, and I was pleasantly surprised. All the staff from front desk to housekeeping were welcoming and seemed to take pride in the hotel. I was in a recently renovated room on the 6th floor with king size bed, couch, desk, and mini-fridge and it was very nice - I could have comfortably stayed for much longer. The weekly "Beer and BBQ" event was a great touch too. Renee was an engaging host and the freshly made pasta salad and mini-cheeseburgers were tasty (again, an unexpected touch, more than the usual bleak happy hour crackers and sweaty cubes of cheese). Nice to have a quick (free!) meal, a swim in the pool, hot shower, and a decent wi-fi connection. Would absolutely stay again if I am in the area for business.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank dqframey
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear dqframey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed are service, amenities, and new property renovation. We have shared your kind words with our team and we look forward to hosting you again in the future when you are in need of a Meriden hotel.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Supper clean newly remodeled rooms with great TVs The beds are super comfortable and i always get a good nights sleep The staff and management is always friendly Silver city sports bar is a great place to unwind and drink some of the local brews

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rday151,

Thank you for the great review of our property. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our recent renovations and we hope to host you back again in the future when your travels bring you back to Meriden.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We recently held a small meeting at this hotel. It was convenient to both Hartford and New Haven and also a lot of super renovation features. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the pool and fitness center were appreciated by the attendees. Very nice property, good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The service is very good and the people, both management and staff, are very responsive to the needs of the organization. It is a convenient central location for attendees from all parts of Connecticut. We have had multiple meetings there and will likely have many more in the future.

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Mukund N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online. We are so glad you continually enjoy our property for meetings and our team looks forward to hosting your events in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I live in RI, but do business in Hartford and Cheshire. This is good location to stay. I also have family in Middlefield (where I am visiting now!) - but although I see them often, easier to stay in a hotel for convenience. This hotel has renovated a lot. A couple of things I noticed still need attention, a crack in the elevator ceiling glass, trays not removed in a timely manner from the floors, but other than that a lot of good. Like the food in the restaurant Pub. The staff in there are really friendly. New carpets throughout. Rooms are fresh and clean - and that is one of the most important things to me. Doors to the hallways from guestrooms could get a bit of attention - but will use this as a regular stay location. SPG points are also important to me and less expensive for the overall value than the Sheraton closer to Hartford at exit 22 (or is it 23?). Will use again.

Room Tip: Higher floor - rooms a bit larger
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!