“Excellent Stay!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Augusta, Maine
“Excellent Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a business function. What a fabulous place! The rooms are spacious and include a microwave and mini fridge. The whole room, including the bathroom, was very clean, and I always inspect my room top to bottom upon arrival. I was also able to take advantage of the restaurant and bar and was not disappointed. The food and service were excellent (not too pricy, either!), and they have a great wine selection! I had to attend a meeting in one of their banquet rooms, which was top notch, and the banquet staff were very attentive to our needs. I was very impressed with all of the staff, from the front desk to the bartenders, and would not hesitate staying here again! Why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ina G, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know abour your recent stay at our hotel the FOUR POINTS by SHERATON in MERIDEN, CT. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future. We take great pride in our GUEST SERVICE and making sure that guests like yourself leave our property with a smile and nothing but good memories. Thank you for your kind words.

Warm Regards,
Ina G (Front Office Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Maryland, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is one of the most disgusting places I have ever stayed. I was only there for one night, and that was one night too many. The lobby was dirty. It was obviously a VERY old hotel that had not be renovated. I don't know why Sheraton and Starwood would put their name on this hotel. The room smelled terrible - I think it was a cleaner and the smell was so strong and nauseating. I don't think the sheets had been changed because they were very wrinkled. The "blanket" was the old "foamy" type and had holes in it. Absolutely disgusting.

Room Tip: Don't bother to stay here. You will regret it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lauriecarol1
Ina G, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for providing our hotel the feedback of your last stay. I apologize for the inconvinience from your stay with us however, the hotel is currently undergoing renovation plans and staffing levels. I am confident that your feedback will play a critical role in the future of this hotel. I will be sure to forward your comments to the Executive Housekeeper so he can utilize this as training during his daily meetings with the housekeeping room attendants. Again,Thank you for your feedback.

Ina
(Front Office Manager)

Travelers are raving about these Meriden hotels

Buenos Aires
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stoped just for the night here. Big room and comfortable. Just by the highway. Big parking.

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, it was OK and reasonable priced.

We had all we needed for the stop.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ina G, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We appriciate your comments and are delighted that you enjoyed yourself. We take pride in GUEST SERVICE and offer nothing but the best in all our departments to make sure that our guest leave with a smile. Thank you again for your kind words.
Warm Regards,
Ina (Front Office Manager)
Plainfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We arrived on October 27th, which seemed to be a very busy day for the hotel. We were greeted by hotel staff. They seemed competant and friendly. We arrived at our room and it was not clean. They gave us the wrong room by mistake. No worries. Fixed quickly and we were set up in our new room.
The rooms are very nice, clean and large. The bathrooms small and a little dated, but also clean. We had dinner in the bar/restaurant and were not surprised. It was fine. For breakfast I would go to one of the local diners next time. Its a little pricey and not spectacular.
Now let me tell you about the staff: Wonderful!! They did a great job!!
Overall I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a refrigerator, or you will not get one. Don't let the outside of the hote...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ina G, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful comments regarding the personal service you received during your visit. I am very proud to be associated with the team here at the FOUR POINTS by SHERATON in MERIDEN, CT. I certainly hope to see you return to us soon. We value our guest and take pride in our Guest Service.

Warm Regards,
Ina G (Front Office Manager)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were given a room that was occupied. We tried numerous times to get in before a very creeped out couple met us at the door. When we asked for a new room, the concierge did not even apologize. He looked annoyed.

The floor at spots. One of my towels had a black spot.

The bed was sunken in.

• Stayed October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Good Points:
- Very good service from the staff
- Free coffee & Tea available in the lobby
- Mini fridge in the room
- Decent connected restaurant

The Not So Good Points:
- When I opened the door to my room I was greeted by the loudest heater / air conditioner I have ever experienced in a hotel. It was so bad that I had to crank up the heat while I went to dinner in the hopes of getting the temp up enough to keep me warm for the night. There is no way I could have slept with the noise.
- They make it very clear its a non-smoking property.. but my room smelled of stale cigarettes and mold
- The rooms are dingy. Some reviewers have commented on the poor cleaning practices of the staff, which I observed as well (my flip flops stuck to the floor in the bathroom). But, the rooms are so old and tired I wonder if its really possible to get them that clean. The bedding, carpet, bathroom floors etc.. seemed very old.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just another typical Sheraton 4 Points in the USA. Most likely an old hotel that was bought by Sheraton, just like so many of the others. Throw a coat of paint on the walls, change the carpet, put in granite bathroom countertops and nice sinks, new furniture (but not the TV's as they were left behind from 1977), leave the old tubs and everything else and call it a Sheraton 4 Points. That pretty much sums it all up.
If any of you ever get the chance to travel to Asia, you will find all Sheraton chain hotels elegant in every way, and even the lowest level Aloft brand being so nice. Sheraton 4 Points are palaces in the Orient and usually run about $100. Sheraton and Westins and higher up are so very luxurious, you cant imagine and most are around $150. I spent a lot of time over there traveling from country to country and that is how I got hooked on the Sheraton chain and became a Platinum Member. When I arrive at any of the hotels in Asia they ALWAYS upgrade me to a suite without asking, and the Manager takes the time to walk me personally to my room and sends a huge fruit plate to the room.
Then I came back home to the USA and it is disappointing to say the least at a lot of the chains around the USA. They are all seemingly run down in many ways that you would not see anywhere else but the USA. If this particular Meriden hotel was placed in Asia anywhere in its exact condition, there would be no one willing to pay more than $25 a night for it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Larry8241
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!