“Don't stay here.”

Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is one of the most disgusting places I have ever stayed. I was only there for one night, and that was one night too many. The lobby was dirty. It was obviously a VERY old hotel that had not be renovated. I don't know why Sheraton and Starwood would put their name on this hotel. The room smelled terrible - I think it was a cleaner and the smell was so strong and nauseating. I don't think the sheets had been changed because they were very wrinkled. The "blanket" was the old "foamy" type and had holes in it. Absolutely disgusting.

Room Tip: Don't bother to stay here. You will regret it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lauriecarol1
Ina G, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for providing our hotel the feedback of your last stay. I apologize for the inconvinience from your stay with us however, the hotel is currently undergoing renovation plans and staffing levels. I am confident that your feedback will play a critical role in the future of this hotel. I will be sure to forward your comments to the Executive Housekeeper so he can utilize this as training during his daily meetings with the housekeeping room attendants. Again,Thank you for your feedback.

Ina
(Front Office Manager)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stoped just for the night here. Big room and comfortable. Just by the highway. Big parking.

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, it was OK and reasonable priced.

We had all we needed for the stop.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ina G, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We appriciate your comments and are delighted that you enjoyed yourself. We take pride in GUEST SERVICE and offer nothing but the best in all our departments to make sure that our guest leave with a smile. Thank you again for your kind words.
Warm Regards,
Ina (Front Office Manager)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We arrived on October 27th, which seemed to be a very busy day for the hotel. We were greeted by hotel staff. They seemed competant and friendly. We arrived at our room and it was not clean. They gave us the wrong room by mistake. No worries. Fixed quickly and we were set up in our new room.
The rooms are very nice, clean and large. The bathrooms small and a little dated, but also clean. We had dinner in the bar/restaurant and were not surprised. It was fine. For breakfast I would go to one of the local diners next time. Its a little pricey and not spectacular.
Now let me tell you about the staff: Wonderful!! They did a great job!!
Overall I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a refrigerator, or you will not get one. Don't let the outside of the hote...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ina G, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments regarding the personal service you received during your visit. I am very proud to be associated with the team here at the FOUR POINTS by SHERATON in MERIDEN, CT. I certainly hope to see you return to us soon. We value our guest and take pride in our Guest Service.

Warm Regards,
Ina G (Front Office Manager)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were given a room that was occupied. We tried numerous times to get in before a very creeped out couple met us at the door. When we asked for a new room, the concierge did not even apologize. He looked annoyed.

The floor at spots. One of my towels had a black spot.

The bed was sunken in.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Good Points:
- Very good service from the staff
- Free coffee & Tea available in the lobby
- Mini fridge in the room
- Decent connected restaurant

The Not So Good Points:
- When I opened the door to my room I was greeted by the loudest heater / air conditioner I have ever experienced in a hotel. It was so bad that I had to crank up the heat while I went to dinner in the hopes of getting the temp up enough to keep me warm for the night. There is no way I could have slept with the noise.
- They make it very clear its a non-smoking property.. but my room smelled of stale cigarettes and mold
- The rooms are dingy. Some reviewers have commented on the poor cleaning practices of the staff, which I observed as well (my flip flops stuck to the floor in the bathroom). But, the rooms are so old and tired I wonder if its really possible to get them that clean. The bedding, carpet, bathroom floors etc.. seemed very old.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just another typical Sheraton 4 Points in the USA. Most likely an old hotel that was bought by Sheraton, just like so many of the others. Throw a coat of paint on the walls, change the carpet, put in granite bathroom countertops and nice sinks, new furniture (but not the TV's as they were left behind from 1977), leave the old tubs and everything else and call it a Sheraton 4 Points. That pretty much sums it all up.
If any of you ever get the chance to travel to Asia, you will find all Sheraton chain hotels elegant in every way, and even the lowest level Aloft brand being so nice. Sheraton 4 Points are palaces in the Orient and usually run about $100. Sheraton and Westins and higher up are so very luxurious, you cant imagine and most are around $150. I spent a lot of time over there traveling from country to country and that is how I got hooked on the Sheraton chain and became a Platinum Member. When I arrive at any of the hotels in Asia they ALWAYS upgrade me to a suite without asking, and the Manager takes the time to walk me personally to my room and sends a huge fruit plate to the room.
Then I came back home to the USA and it is disappointing to say the least at a lot of the chains around the USA. They are all seemingly run down in many ways that you would not see anywhere else but the USA. If this particular Meriden hotel was placed in Asia anywhere in its exact condition, there would be no one willing to pay more than $25 a night for it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry8241
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here while dropping our daughter off at college because its a Starwood hotel. As noted in other reviews, this is a tired property --- thin walls, unbelievably noisy air conditioner, weird mildewy smell in the halls, one of the two elevators out of order the three days we were there, etc. At $129/night, a bit overpriced, I think. They gave me a token for "buy one beer, get one free", but they should probably comp guests a free breakfast at least.

As I've noticed at other Sheratons, the staff was unfailingly helpful and cordial.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Red Roof Inn Meriden
Red Roof Inn Meriden
#1 of 10 in Meriden

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!