Yes, I've read the reviews and was on the fence about staying here but I'd like to point out a few items that made me tip the scale to 3 stars for this property.
1) They are renovating. That's always a big plus for me at repurposed properties. We were at the hotel last weekend and it does appear that major work is being done here. That could change the place around, for sure.
2) There is a lot of involvement from the general manager. There were letters from him (a blown up one in the lobby) on the property and I do see him commenting on multiple reviews on TP. I always try to give hotels the benefit of the doubt when you can see that they are clearly reading reviews and taking concerns seriously.
Back to the hotel:
I was wary but ultimately found the stay perfectly fine. Yes, I can see the complaints were somewhat valid: thin walls (yes, I could hear every door slam on my floor but couldn't really hear voices from the other rooms so can't judge on this accurately), air (air was not very cool at all, with one of those older units in the room that only list HOT, COOL, COOLER and HIGH/LOW). We had it on the coldest setting and was still warm. This plays into the room itself--clean but somewhat musty. Perhaps the kind of window unit used leads to more humidity? The carpets seemed slightly damp and I felt sticky by morning. However, these are all things that CAN be fixed through renovations. The reason why I still give this hotel a 3 is because I did find it to be very clean and the staff all quite friendly, which I find invaluable.
It's definitely a decent choice for the area, particularly if you get a good rate. Even without bidding sites, the internet rates are really reasonable and for those prices--I think the value is very fair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points by Sheraton Meriden is centrally located at the crossroads of Connecticut; we're in the middle of one of the fastest growing industrial parks in the state. Quinnipiac University, Yale University, Wesleyan University, Gouveia Vineyards, and the Chevrolet (Oakdale) Theater are all a short drive away. Meriden Connecticut is a great place to visit in the summer with Historic Hubbard Park and Mirror Lake close by. Lake Compounce Theme Park is a short drive away offering plenty of family friendly activities including the Anchor Bay Water Park. In the mood for some golf? Check out the nearby TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Connecticut. Talk about cozy. Come and relax in our comfortable guest rooms featuring the Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Beds, 27" televisions featuring cable, free wireless internet, individual climate control, radio/alarm clock, coffee maker and room service! In addition all guests can enjoy, our Business Center, Free parking, our luxurious, heated indoor pool, exercise room/facilities and our 100% smoke-free environment. Planning a meeting or event? We offer 18 different meeting space venues as well as audio/visual equipment and Technicians! Hang out in our newly-opened Silver City Sports Bar and Grille. Catch the game on one of 14 large or plasma screen TVs. Personal table speakers will make sure you don't miss a minute of the action. Gather your friends and family and join in the fun while enjoying a tasty treat from the family-friendly menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Meriden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points Meriden
- Four Points Meriden Hotel Meriden
- Meriden Four Points