“Reservations If You Want To Get Seated for Great Food!”

Sans-Souci Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 138 Restaurants in Meriden
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Reservations If You Want To Get Seated for Great Food!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We have been going to Sans Souci since it opened in 1993. Rick & Staff provide excellent service & wonderful selection of food in a casual elegant atmosphere with very affordable prices. This is the best fine dining for the price you will find. That's why it's always packed & the food is always fresh. I highly recommend the Sans Souci Restaurant. You will not be diappointed. It's where the locals go over & over again. Rick does an outstanding job of delivering what the clientel wants....Great Food & Drink at Affordable Prices!

Visited January 2012

South Meriden, Connecticut, United States
“insulted by the bartender, awful service, never go back”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Had never been to SansSouci and thought we would give it a shot, the parking lot is always full. It was a week ago Saturday and we walked in at 6:30. Not the best time in the world to try and get a table I know, but figured we could sit at bar if need be. All tables were full even the bar tables, but the bartender was able to squeeze us in at the bar. She Asked if we were going to have dinner and at that time I said not sure but we would let her know. After getting our first drink and consuming it we deccided to eat. We first ordered an app and had to beg for a second drink. Two bartenders and they could really care less if we were even there. Yes one was busy on the floor waiting tables but the other was doing nothing but serving the waiters. The regulars were getting plenty of service but not us, we must have been outsiders? Since we had ordered our app and consumed it, you would think that someone would come back and ask what we wanted for dinner? Nope never happened. We waited, and waited, and waited, consumed our second drink, now dry and hungry we gave up. Going on about two hours now I say to the bartender can we have our check we are tired of waiting for you, we wanted to order dinner and never got any service. She then starts yelling and swearing at me that can't I see she is busy, She said I never said I wanted dinner, she was nice enough to give me a seat, and to not even bother tipping her because she knows I wont tip her anyway. In front of the whole bar. My jaw hit the floor. Couldnt believe it! I have been in the restaurant business for 25+ years, and in much nicer restaurants than that! If they can't handle it maybe they should have another person on the floor. Then to top it all off the manager insults me and says I had to much to drink. Do the math I was there for 2 hours had 2 drinks and weigh 200 #. Not even close pal.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Bill L
Wallingford, Connecticut, United States
“always busy for good reason”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Very friendly and welcoming. Great food. We are somewhat "regulars" and look forward to their friendly staff, great food (love the salad, and those mints!) and weekend entertainment (he's wonderful!). Need to plan ahead to make a reservation, and we make those plans on many weekends and special occasions. Our pups eagerly await to taste a bit of my leftovers when I get home.
All employees, including manager and hostess, work very hard to ensure you a pleasant and satisfying visit. Sans Souci is our favorite!

• Visited February 2012
Kensington, CT
“Okay”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We met several other retirees on a Friday afternoon for lunch and were surprised to find the parking lot almost filled at 1PM. The regular/online menu is supplemented by a list of daily specials. Bread, toast, butter and what I believe may have been a coleslaw were delivered to our table before our drink orders were taken. Prices are quite reasonable. My wife chose the grilled salmon which was accompanied by mashed potatoes and broccoli. My entrée was scallops Bercy which are baked in a terrine with a sherry butter crumb topping and served with rice pilaf and broccoli. I was (happily) surprised by the number of scallops. The scallops were done just a little more than to my liking, but still reasonably moist and flavorful. We all took a pass on both appetizers and dessert. Service for our table of 8 was good and management seemed to have no problem with us lingering while we reminisced.

• Visited December 2011
Iowa
“Yum for food - wonderful for service”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Very busy place - and with good reason. Food was great and prices reasonable. Our waitress was top notch and never missed a beat, even though the restaurant was extremely busy. High point of our stay at Meriden.

Visited October 2011

Been to Sans-Souci Restaurant? Share your experiences!