“Great food, reasonable prices, good portions......”
Review of Lido's Restaurant

Lido's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 139 Restaurants in Meriden
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Italian restaurant off the main road. Every time I have been there, now it has to be about 5 or 6 over about 3 years, I have not been disappointed. Family oriented atmosphere. Good prices and the portions are enough for lunch tomorrow. Servers know the menu very well also.

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place that had some gluten free options. We found lido's online and thought we'd try it. The place was fairly busy (a thought this was a good sign) and we were promptly seated. The waitress took awhile to come over and see us, but we thought no big deal. The menu looked nice, some great sounding dishes. So we ordered our dinners. When we got them they looked good. She took a bite of hers and made a face that I knew was not a good sign. She said the pasta was hard, like raw pasta. I tried a bite and it was like a rock. My shrimp scampi was cooked correctly, it just didn't have much flavor. When we finally saw our waitress I explained that her pasta was undercooked and still hard, to which she replied that's how our gluten free pasta is. I was not happy with the response or the attitude that she had. She walked away to go to another table, another waitress saw what happened and came over and offered to redo the dish or make her something else, which I appreciated, but at this point she just ate the chicken and left the pasta and didn't want anything else. I ate my dinner, but wasn't thrilled with it. When the waitress brought the check I was expecting her to do something to try to make it up to us, an apology was all I really wanted, but got nothing but a smug thank you. I'm really disappointed as I had heard some good reviews and the fact that they had gluten free pasta would have made this a great place for us to go regularly. But I can assure you that after what happened I will never go back.

1  Thank Shawn H
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I love pizza in CT - it's not hard to find a good place but this one was very, very good and the staff were awesome. They are fast and the atmosphere was so nice I decided to stay and eat instead of just getting the pizza to go as I had originally planned to do. Nice menu, lots of choices and good wine list. I would definitely go back next time I'm in CT.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Best veal parm. I've had in a long time. Atmosphere is nice and prices are reasonable. Can't wait until I'm in town again to go back.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

If you can find it, this is a real great small Italian restaurant. Initially, I thought it was a pizza place, but was pleasantly surprised. It had a very broad full Italian menu with many specials that the waitress had memorized. We did opt for the pizza and it was really terrific. Prices are very reasonable, portions are good size and the taste is great. It is off of Main Street and a little bit difficult to find, however, well worth the search.