“Awesome steamed burgers- something different!”
Review of Ted's Restaurant

Ted's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 138 Restaurants in Meriden
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
“Awesome steamed burgers- something different!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I didn't realize that the menu was bigger than just cheese burgers! I had a "southwestern" which is the cheese burger with southwest ranch, fried onion straws and sautéed mushrooms and bacon -out of this world! People complain about the bun, it's totally necessary if you get anything other than the burger.
My boyfriend got a cheese burger with chili, onions and bacon- just fantastic.
The home fries are frying constantly so they're hot and crispy. Get them with the steamed cheese if you know what's good for you.
Don't expect your normal burger and you'll enjoy your trip to Ted's.

1 Thank tiedrose

Portland
“Realy good steamed burger”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

That's right. Steamed cheeseburger. One of the first places to serve a steamed burger.
I rember when Teds served steamed burgers to the truck driverspassing along rt.5 befor I91 opened. The steamed burgers were good then and are still the best around. There are not meany places serving steamed burgers. Teds does it the best. The place is still no frills. Simple, a couple of tables and stools at the counter, recently there has been the addition of a couple of tables out side. That is about it just good steamed burgers with all the topings you could ever want,(I recomend the cheese, it's realy good).
The service is good The place fills quickly. So get there early and enjoy the best steamed burger around.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank mrmike545
Garwood, New Jersey
“Yum”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Wanted to go for a while after seeing it on tv. We had one steamed cheeseburger each w the basics - lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard. We loved them. We live in NJ but will definitely stop again when we travel into the area. Just beware that the burgers are very hot. Steam was actually coming out when we bit into them!

Middletown, Connecticut
“Might have to do some more research...”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

So I can be more definitive about Ted's vs O'Rourkes vs K. Lemay's. Beef. Cheese. Roll. Go simple or go home.

Piscataway, New Jersey
“a classic chesseburger”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The chesse is what makes it real good, if you want a hamburgr without chesse i don't suggest to look elsewhere.

I would have asked for extra meat but i did not know you need to extra mest to help fill up the roll.

fI you don't like meat I suggest get the double cheese on the roll with some onions and some mushrooms it you like them.

I would also stay away from the "hash browns" just too much grease even for me and I like greasy food.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Ted's Restaurant? Share your experiences!