Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$76
$76
$121
FourPoints.com
$102
$93
HIExpress.com
$59
Red Roof Inn Meriden(Meriden)(Great Value!)
$69
Hotels.com
Courtyard by Marriott New Haven Wallingford(Wallingford)(Great Value!)
$118
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshome away from homegrab and gono frillscentral locationhot waterfront desk staffroom was cleanhotel is greatbee streetmini kitchenfree wifiplace to staynew havenesamuffinshighwaypots
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for almost 1 year on an extended assignment. I have been here through the renovations and this past winter's extreme storms. All I can say is...this hotel is great. It has been like a "home away from home"! From the day of my first reservation on the phone till today the staff has been excellent! They are always willing to help in anyway possible to make us comfortable. The rooms are newly updated and very clean and the staff works overtime to keep the facility sparkling inside and out. The rates are reasonable and the location is fabulous for travelers with access to highways right down the street. The hotel is quite pleasant with a private atmosphere since it is located up on a hill surrounded by trees and also great views of the area mountains on one side. This is a great place to stay and I recommend this hotel to anyone coming into this area.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that we provided you with a clean and comfortable stay here in Meriden. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The improvements are well worth the investment. The beds were comfortable. We had been there before and our non-smoking room had the odor of smoke. We had had a shower that had a broken shower head. There was only coffee during the week. We looked for other places to stay and selected Homewood Suites in Wallingford. Extended Stay is better if you want two beds instead of a king size bed with the living room. It is a good value. The breakfast is a good idea. There is less information about what is provided and what is not. You can ask for anything but it would be nice if the list that used to be at the front desk of you choices was still there. Also it is not as clear about when you need to put your garbage is the room that is available.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that you our grab and go breakfast; however, I apologize that the shower head in your bathroom was in need of repair and for the slight odor in your room. I met with the staff, and we will be sure to take the necessary precautions to ensure that these issues are not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hme@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was booked to stay 13 days at this hotel. I traveled all night and arrived at 2:00am where I was greeted by NOBODY. After standing in the lobby 10 to 15 minutes (with cameras on me) calling out several times is anybody here, I thought something was wrong, very wrong. I began to exit the hotel when I noticed a telephone to call upon late arrivals, I did and was greeted by someone on the other end of the line who said they would be down in a little bit? ok...whatever. When the person emerged it was a young man wearing baggy blue jeans and a T shirt, personality zero, helpful, NOT. I struggled to get my luggage into the hotel on my own. Do not expect customer service here.
As I was in route to my room on the third floor, I saw bags of trash, piles of dirty towels in the hallways.
When I reached my room and opened the door, the smell was terrible. I was exhausted by this point but would not even get into that bed. So gross.
This is not the place for a business traveler...I left 5 hours later and found a decent place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pamela C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Pamela - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situations you described regarding your delayed check-in process and the level of cleanliness throughout the hotel are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I am taking the necessary action to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hme@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very clean rooms, modestly appointed. Even had a recliner chair. Friendly staff. Very limited TV channel selection for this day and age which was probably the biggest drawback. Would think that would be more important in an extended stay situation. Soundproofing between floors could be better. Had a heavy footed upstairs neighbor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Lisa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies regarding our channel selections. We are sorry for that inconvenience, but are happy to read that we provided you with good customer service.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wonderful little room with full kitchen. Very clean, quiet, conveniently located near highway 91 and off Main Street with restaurants, shopping. Free wireless is appreciated. Free breakfast is mostly junk food (muffins, granola bars) and weak coffee. My biggest complaint - no onsite fitness room. I had to pay $15 to use a local gym. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Overall, a pleasant experience that was like being at home when you're away from home.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I apologize that we did not have a gym onsite; however, I'm pleased that our staff was friendly and accommodating during your stay.