“Home away from home”

Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wonderful little room with full kitchen. Very clean, quiet, conveniently located near highway 91 and off Main Street with restaurants, shopping. Free wireless is appreciated. Free breakfast is mostly junk food (muffins, granola bars) and weak coffee. My biggest complaint - no onsite fitness room. I had to pay $15 to use a local gym. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Overall, a pleasant experience that was like being at home when you're away from home.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I apologize that we did not have a gym onsite; however, I'm pleased that our staff was friendly and accommodating during your stay.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

First, let me tell you that I have spent over 120 nights a year in hotel rooms for the past 15 years. I have seen it all. This Extended Stay is amazing. Its not fancy but it meets all your needs with a CLEAN comfortable room with a fridge, cooktop and microwave. It also has a table for family eating, updated TV and free WIFI. The BEST part about this location is the STAFF, absolutely amazing and I am the one to tell you from my years of meeting STAFF who can't be bothered. They have gone way above ALL 4 or 5 stars hotels I have stayed in. I want to call out Erin for going out of her way many times for the guests with style and personality. Not only with me but with every guest I saw her interact with. There are many options these days, this is the choice for you.

Room Tip: This location has one and two bedrooms suites. The location is in a very quiet neighborhood so noise...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that Erin was such a great assistance to you as well as other guests. It is wonderful to hear that our hotel met your needs and expectations. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for several days while our apartment was getting cleaned and ready for us to move in. It is less than 5 minutes from the expressway and close to gas stations, drug stores, grocery stores and restaurants. We had stayed in one while in Shelton and liked it so much we stayed here again. The rooms in this hotel are large, with a kitchen and utensils, as well as a large bathroom. The room here, like the other hotel, was spotless as was the bathroom. You can tell when sheets and towels are being cleaned...these are being cleaned. We again, had our cat with us, and the staff gave us no issues at all. We found the bed to be just as comfortable as the others, elevators are quick and the staff was amazing. I was in a bind while we stayed here, I needed some paperwork faxed to me from TN...since we were new to the area we didn't really know our way around and figured we'd ask the front desk staff if I could receive a fax there. They were so nice about it and even called me when it came it. It was crucial that I received that information that day and they took the stress totally out of the situation. Also, when they found out that we were new to the area, they offered personal email accounts to help us after we left...in case we needed any information about the area. We consider the front desk staff at this hotel our friends and we recommend to anyone in need of a hotel in the area to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here in Meriden. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Thsi hotel looks really nice on the outside and in the inside. It's very presentable. Also, very clean and great customer service. I've been there more than 3 times in a month and the employees are very welcoming I'd recommend it and you definitely get your money's worth.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for giving a really good feedback. I'm glad that you found our place nice and presentable inside and outside. We always take pride of our great customer service and clean rooms, and we are happy that we have achieved that during your stays. We love seeing our guests coming back over and over again because of their wonderful experiences. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

No matter how long or short you should stay housekeeping need to be daily just to refresh all room or restor supplies. I would tell everyone too please use your services thank you so kindly! Also for my comments I hope to see the discount for my next day but I can say it has been a total makeover in this new hotel it was home away from home and if anyone ever need a spokesperson I'm the one thank you

• Stayed: March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. It's great to hear that we have found a spokesperson in you. We had our hotel renovation just last year and we have added in some amenities for our guests to enjoy. For the housekeeping, we do offer refresh service for the guests upon request for a nominal fee. Weekly stays will get a free housekeeping once a week. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel and the staff was very friendly!! The location is nice and quiet. It has a laundry facility section that is convenient for those who stay for a while. The kitchen came in handy at times since we didn't feel like going out in the cold to buy food. It had a dog/pet smell but I think it could be fixed if they would spray some febreeze. My only real complaint is about the towels.Towels were really rough. had to buy a towel at a near by store becuase it was just not usable. So bring a towel when you stay here, I may be staying there frequently (bringing my towel), so if they replace the towels and do use some febreeze I will definetly give then a 5 star review.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I received a copy of your review, and we are happy that you find our hotel nice and quiet. I'm thrilled to know that you saw our staff as friendly and accommodating. One of the best features of our hotel is the kitchen, and thank you for pointing on that one. It makes our guests' stay more convenient as they can prepare their own food anytime they want. I apologize with your problem with our towels. I just want to let you know that we now have added Febreeze in our laundry detergents. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Room was super clean, beds super comfortable (love that pillow top), great kitchen area so you can save money and eat in. Staff can make or break any stay - the staff here were friendly and always willing to help. Will certainly stay here again.

When traveling in the future, I hope to find other Extended Stay Hotels that meet the standard this one has.

Room Tip: No restaurant but there are near-by eateries,
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the positive comments about the hotel and the staff. I'm glad that we met your needs during your stay here in Meriden. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!