“excellent staff, excellent room, excellent everything!”

Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Room was super clean, beds super comfortable (love that pillow top), great kitchen area so you can save money and eat in. Staff can make or break any stay - the staff here were friendly and always willing to help. Will certainly stay here again.

When traveling in the future, I hope to find other Extended Stay Hotels that meet the standard this one has.

Room Tip: No restaurant but there are near-by eateries,
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the positive comments about the hotel and the staff. I'm glad that we met your needs during your stay here in Meriden. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

They have the cheapest mattresses i've ever seen in a hotel. I thought I was sitting on a cardboard box when I went to take my shoes off and relax. Huge indentation marks where past persons have slept and the springs stick into your ribs and sides. I would have gotten a better nights sleep in the bath tub. I won't stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the bed comfort did not meet your expectations. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hme@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have been here for 8 months and the service is still fantastic, the facility is spotless and is second to none. The management and staff are very professional. We have compared other Hotels in the area to this facility, but in no way do they match up to the standard of excellence of Extended stay America. No need to look anywhere else, believe me, if you need a hotel in this area, this is the place, HANDS DOWN....

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that we continue to meet your needs and expectations here at the hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Clean, neat and cheap; what more do you want.

Stayed here not too long after the latest blizzard. Though still buried in snow, the parking was clear and dry, very important for HP/wheelchair patrons. The wheelchair room I was in had enough room for a change and the roll in shower worked well. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our property met your needs both inside and outside after the storm. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed for 6weeks waiting on my closing. Staff was the best, worked with me on rotating checkout date. Great extended stay. Only thing that would have been better would be a nice mattress. I would stay again if I needed a place.

• Stayed: January 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the excellent comments you made about the hotel and staff for your extended stay. It's great to hear that our staff was able to assist you with your check out date. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The property has just been completely remodeled, and very well. Clean, neat, and definitely above expectations. Very courteous staff; warm, friendly and professional. Have stayed before and am looking forward to next time. For the rate, there's no beating ESA in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that all went well. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had a warm welcome from Erin upon arriving at the hotel …meaning she actually smiled which seems like a, “sin” at some other local hotels that I have stayed at... So, it was a welcomed change :)

Erin accommodated my request for a room closer to the lobby… which was a customer service style which echoed… with the rest of the staff throughout my stay…

Among the other perks is:

-free parking (plan to pay $20/night at a downtown New Haven hotel)

-free grab-to-go breakfast (hot chocolate, apples, oranges, muffins, and coffee my favorite!)

-ready to use pots, pans, silverware, cups, microwave, and fridge

- located in a small suburban community which provides for a, “home away from home feel”…but still minutes for Interstate 91, close proximity to other amenities, and 20 minutes from New Haven

-rooms were clean and spacious… and I loved the leather recliner!

-biggest perk of all is definitely the free gym access to a local YMCA (cardio, weights, pool, etc…)

Areas of improvement:

-at times I could hear people talking thru the walls but nothing I lost sleep over

Overall, I will be back if afforded the opportunity by my company to return to the Connecticut area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that all went well with our associates. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.