“Happy Customer”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Brooklyn, New York
“Happy Customer”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised how nice the rooms were, since the hotel is/was currently be remolded and the rest of the hotel was a bit of a mess. They did there best to hid it. Donnette who was at the front desk was very helpful in letting me know where all the near by shops were. I would definitely stay there again. The price was right too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our renovation process was not too disruptive during your time with us, and that Donnette was so helpful. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon so that you may see the improvements we have made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This hotel which I have stayed at off and on since Jan. 2011, has the strangest policy of any hotel I have ever stayed at. If you arrive in the winter time your rate is $699.00 plus tax and 100.00 housekeeping fee per month which is very reasonable. As the weather gets warmer, usually starting in April, you start getting notes shoved under your door letting you know that your fee is going up $100.00 starting the following month. This goes on until they get you up to about $1200.00 a month.Seems when they are hurting for guests in the winter time they will do whatever it takes to fill there rooms. When it starts to get busy they forget about the people who helped them get through there tough time, and all they care about is getting that rate up as fast as they can. They don't tell you this when you check in, they just surprise you with it. One other note to add is there beds are terrible and you can feel the springs through the mattress. Had to buy toppers, each time I stayed. To sum it up, you will pay $1200.00 per month for a hotel that has no amenities at all. Also while there this past time my room was robbed. It was partially my fault for living the door ajar while taking my dog out, but they knew they had a problem guest, and did nothing to remove him. So it is a shared blame. Corporate called me and no one offered me any kind of extra incentive to make up for my loss. And as a disabled veteran, the loss hit me hard.

Room Tip: .I don't have any tips for you except stay if you want to pay exuberant price for no amenities a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.
You are, of course, correct in stating that our rates are quite different in winter, compared to summer. This is true in most hotels, as we all experience high and low seasons. We try to handle these issues in as fair a manner as possible, giving our in house guests at least a thirty day advance notice of any such rate change, so that they may plan accordingly.
Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed June 21, 2012

While traveling we stayed at a studio plus in Indiana. As we traveled back to Connecticut we were led to stay here at this facility. We have a lot of experience when it comes to staying in hotels across the country. Extended stay America here in Meriden, CT has the edge and is the best. Alyssa, Erin, Rachel and Alicia, (The front desk dream team) are professionals in every sense of the word and have exceeded our expectations. the place is as clean as a whistle and everyone makes us feel at home. The House keeping staff are excellent and respectful to all who stay here. Everyone is very serious about their work here and more important they care about their guests. Need a place to stay for a week or two or maybe longer? This is the place! Just like home, Hands down!

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what room you stay in, they are all great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron S
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, July 11, 2012

Oakland, California
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My inquiries via telephone were responded to in an exemplary manner. The best part of my stay: when I arrived on May 24, 2012 the person who greeted me was friendly and when I checked out the following morning to drive to Wesleyan University to attend the Commencement Weekend, another employee behind the counter was genuinely friendly and very helpful.
The primary disappointment (worst part of my stay): the room was not well maintained. For example, one of the stove burners was hanging out of the stove. It appeared that repair work had not been completed. Also, the carpet was not completely secured with the metal trim that borders the kitchen area -- when I walked across this area with bare feet, what appeared to be a strip of the metal border, or something else made of metal, went into my foot causing minor bleeding.

Even though this Extended Stay is relatively close to Middletown (and Wesleyan U), I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if the room is truly ready for a guest(s)!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Oakland, California
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was attending my 30th college reunion in Middletown and spent the weekend at the Extended Stay in Meriden. For a quick weekend trip, it was just right. The room was clean and conveniently located near campus. When most of the nearby hotels near campus are usually all booked up during graduation/reunion weekend, I was lucky to get a spot at a clean no frills establishment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.
Laceyville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Helped us out, when our other hotel was not fit for a roach, very outgoing, lovely people, my 5 year old just loved the little kitchen, he took pictures of everything before we left! It's clean and made sure they got us whatever we needed, a big thumbs up

Room Tip: love the set-up
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Toni - Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area, and we’d certainly like to see those pictures! Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Morris Plains, NJ
Reviewed April 22, 2012

first time staying here, nice/clean/safe/I have a doggie. I appreciate you post warnings re: dog owners who do not pick up after their dogs much needed.

Room Tip: quiet corner on first floor by far exit, I did find it annoying for 35min on sunday 6:30a.m. however...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors (whether they have two legs or four), which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you and your dog here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden

Been to Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden? Share your experiences!