Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed June 21, 2012

While traveling we stayed at a studio plus in Indiana. As we traveled back to Connecticut we were led to stay here at this facility. We have a lot of experience when it comes to staying in hotels across the country. Extended stay America here in Meriden, CT has the edge and is the best. Alyssa, Erin, Rachel and Alicia, (The front desk dream team) are professionals in every sense of the word and have exceeded our expectations. the place is as clean as a whistle and everyone makes us feel at home. The House keeping staff are excellent and respectful to all who stay here. Everyone is very serious about their work here and more important they care about their guests. Need a place to stay for a week or two or maybe longer? This is the place! Just like home, Hands down!

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what room you stay in, they are all great.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ron S
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My inquiries via telephone were responded to in an exemplary manner. The best part of my stay: when I arrived on May 24, 2012 the person who greeted me was friendly and when I checked out the following morning to drive to Wesleyan University to attend the Commencement Weekend, another employee behind the counter was genuinely friendly and very helpful.
The primary disappointment (worst part of my stay): the room was not well maintained. For example, one of the stove burners was hanging out of the stove. It appeared that repair work had not been completed. Also, the carpet was not completely secured with the metal trim that borders the kitchen area -- when I walked across this area with bare feet, what appeared to be a strip of the metal border, or something else made of metal, went into my foot causing minor bleeding.

Even though this Extended Stay is relatively close to Middletown (and Wesleyan U), I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if the room is truly ready for a guest(s)!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was attending my 30th college reunion in Middletown and spent the weekend at the Extended Stay in Meriden. For a quick weekend trip, it was just right. The room was clean and conveniently located near campus. When most of the nearby hotels near campus are usually all booked up during graduation/reunion weekend, I was lucky to get a spot at a clean no frills establishment.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Helped us out, when our other hotel was not fit for a roach, very outgoing, lovely people, my 5 year old just loved the little kitchen, he took pictures of everything before we left! It's clean and made sure they got us whatever we needed, a big thumbs up

Room Tip: love the set-up
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Toni - Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area, and we’d certainly like to see those pictures! Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

first time staying here, nice/clean/safe/I have a doggie. I appreciate you post warnings re: dog owners who do not pick up after their dogs much needed.

Room Tip: quiet corner on first floor by far exit, I did find it annoying for 35min on sunday 6:30a.m. however...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors (whether they have two legs or four), which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you and your dog here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Have been staying here non-stop since November of 2011. (Still there as of March, 2012.) Great service - amazingly friendly staff: Alyssa, Rachel, Erin, Apolonia and everyone else - all always ready to help and all deserve raises! Thanks folks - you rock!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The guest services are very polite, knowledgeable, and go above and beyond to make sure your stay is a great one. I have stayed here a number of times in the last year or so, and always return. The rooms are well sized and you have small kitchen so you can cook and don't have to eat out. Overall very quiet and comfortable. Wireless is now free to all guests. The location is good, with access to all major highways, and close to a number of restaurants, and grocery stores. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay, be it short term or long term.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of hotel are a little quieter, but all in all the hotel is very quiet. And if...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.