“I expected higher quality because the people I talked with via telephone were very helpful, friendly . . . the” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden

Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Oakland, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

My inquiries via telephone were responded to in an exemplary manner. The best part of my stay: when I arrived on May 24, 2012 the person who greeted me was friendly and when I checked out the following morning to drive to Wesleyan University to attend the Commencement Weekend, another employee behind the counter was genuinely friendly and very helpful.
The primary disappointment (worst part of my stay): the room was not well maintained. For example, one of the stove burners was hanging out of the stove. It appeared that repair work had not been completed. Also, the carpet was not completely secured with the metal trim that borders the kitchen area -- when I walked across this area with bare feet, what appeared to be a strip of the metal border, or something else made of metal, went into my foot causing minor bleeding.

Even though this Extended Stay is relatively close to Middletown (and Wesleyan U), I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if the room is truly ready for a guest(s)!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oakland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was attending my 30th college reunion in Middletown and spent the weekend at the Extended Stay in Meriden. For a quick weekend trip, it was just right. The room was clean and conveniently located near campus. When most of the nearby hotels near campus are usually all booked up during graduation/reunion weekend, I was lucky to get a spot at a clean no frills establishment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.
Laceyville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Helped us out, when our other hotel was not fit for a roach, very outgoing, lovely people, my 5 year old just loved the little kitchen, he took pictures of everything before we left! It's clean and made sure they got us whatever we needed, a big thumbs up

Room Tip: love the set-up
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Toni - Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area, and we’d certainly like to see those pictures! Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Morris Plains, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

first time staying here, nice/clean/safe/I have a doggie. I appreciate you post warnings re: dog owners who do not pick up after their dogs much needed.

Room Tip: quiet corner on first floor by far exit, I did find it annoying for 35min on sunday 6:30a.m. however...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors (whether they have two legs or four), which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you and your dog here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

Have been staying here non-stop since November of 2011. (Still there as of March, 2012.) Great service - amazingly friendly staff: Alyssa, Rachel, Erin, Apolonia and everyone else - all always ready to help and all deserve raises! Thanks folks - you rock!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The guest services are very polite, knowledgeable, and go above and beyond to make sure your stay is a great one. I have stayed here a number of times in the last year or so, and always return. The rooms are well sized and you have small kitchen so you can cook and don't have to eat out. Overall very quiet and comfortable. Wireless is now free to all guests. The location is good, with access to all major highways, and close to a number of restaurants, and grocery stores. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay, be it short term or long term.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of hotel are a little quieter, but all in all the hotel is very quiet. And if...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.
Bangkok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed for two nights on the basis of favorable TA reviews and wanting to try an Extended Stay property as a change from the other hotel chains. We checked in late at night and found our room to be badly prepared. Neither bed had fresh sheets on them, the carpet had not been vacuumed and had food scraps around the place, the bathroom floor and surfaces were also dirty - scraps of cookies and hair. One pillow had no pillowcase and the smoke detector was taped up. The beds are old, creaky and uncomfortable, and several power sockets did not function. The next day the room was cleaned after we requested the housekeeper to do so.

The next morning just after 6 we were woken by the fire alarm and along with the other guests we evacuated the building. Three fire trucks came but thankfully it was nothing more than someone;s cooking setting off the alarm. This would not have been so bad had the same thing not happened again early the next morning.

Even at the price we paid this was not good value. The standard of cleanliness - both in the public areas and inside the room, leave much to be desired. The room is actually not that big - more like average-sized. There is no closet but there is hanging space and a couple of small metal shelves. Ironing board and iron are provided, as is a hair-dryer, but no soap or shampoo. The kitchenette is small and fitted out with just the basics, although the fridge is large but noisy - probably due to its age.

We were relieved to check out and be on our way.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank 1North
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden

Been to Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden? Share your experiences!