“Best Steamed Cheeseburgers”

Dining options: Late Night
Athens, Georgia
“Best Steamed Cheeseburgers”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

After having eaten at Teds for many years I tried K LaMay's burger and now have a new favorite steamed cheeseburger. The burgers at K LaMay's are a little larger than many other steamed cheeseburgers and the I also found that the cheese was more flavorful.

• Visited August 2013

Meriden, Connecticut
“Steamed Cheeseburger Heaven”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We've been here twice this month. Delicious cheeseburger- dripping with melted cheese. Fast friendly service. For a quick burger- Can't go wrong here.

• Visited July 2013
“Great steamed cheeseburgers, no restrooms”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Meriden is the center of the cheeseburger universe and this place is a standout. The owner learned his craft at his current competitor, Teds. He's learned a lot because he's giving his guru a run for his money. K Lamay won Connecticut magazines best burger award recently and it's well deserved.
Make sure you use McDonalds restroom down the street before you get here because they don't have public restrooms.

2 Thank rambomania
Groton, Connecticut
“She screamed, “Oh, this is good!!!””
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stopped by after picking fruit at Lyman Orchard in Middlefield - - it is only about a 15 minute drive away. We have heard about the steamed cheeseburgers for awhile now. When I did a search, I found 2 different burger joints both in Meriden - - Ted’s Restaurant and this one K LaMay’s. Ted’s was on a couple of Food Network/Travel Network Shows. But for some reason, we choose K LaMay’s. When we showed up we saw the sign that said “Voted by Connecticut Magazine as the best burgers in the State.” OK, I’m feeling great. When we walked in, I saw 4 tables w/6 chairs and 3 bar chairs at the counter with two workers standing behind the counter. All I could think of is - - boy did I make a mistake. But we were here and the Magazine said they were the best - - so why not. We ordered 3 Cheeseburgers, one hamburger, and some chicken nuggets for my grandson. As I was waiting for the burgers to come out, I saw the sign “No Public Restrooms”. Not a good sign when you are on Lasix to help you get rid of the excess water in your body. Again I thought - - boy did I make a mistake.

After about 10 minutes, the 1st cheeseburger came out. All I know is that our 34 year old daughter yells out, “Oh, this is good!!! I don’t think I can go back to a regular burger again.” Our 35 year old bites hers and says, “Damn, Jen. You’re right, this $h!t is good.” And my wife agreed. I had the regular burger - - nice and tasty. They are a bit large - - about 1/3 of a pound to order accordingly. I think the cheeseburgers are better than the regular burgers. My kids thought that it was the cheese that really won them over. In fact, they sell their cheese in a small refrigerator on the side. All I know is that my 34 year old daughter is going to have a long commute to buy these burgers because she lives in North Carolina. A really simple burger joint with not too many frills - - you may be surprised at the taste - - we were. Enjoy.

2 Thank Cristito C
Meriden, Connecticut, United States
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Meriden CT is known for steamed burgers, but the best are made at this small restaurant. The burgers are perfectly cooked, delicious. Service is excellent and cordial.

• Visited June 2013