“Nice place to stay”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Meriden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Montreal
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had stayed there before, under the previous ownership. Wyndham certainly seems to be refurbishing, though keeping prices reasonable. Will be better once they get beakfast organized, though since we all have suites it's maybe not a priority. Can't argue with the location, which is a major reason we like it: 3 minutes to I-91 or Wilbur Cross Parkway.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amit A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out and writing a review for your recent stay with us at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You're correct in mentioning all the refurbishments we're implementing at our hotel. In order to be compliant with the Wyndham Brand standards we will soon be offering full hot breakfast and daily housekeeping refresh service.

Some of these features are going to be available as early as beginning of June. We are aiming to be the leaders in Hospitality and reviews like yours will help us achieve those goals. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Meriden, CT.

Sincerely.............
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed in the hotel about 12 days. I arrived at the hotel an was met by a staff member name IAN. THIS staff member was very professional, help me with any situation that came up,,and took pride in his work. I would stay in this hotel again and would recommend to my company the same. THE rooms have a comfortable atmosphere. " APRIL 5 till APRIL 17" (VINCENT 322)

Room Tip: " THE third floor was great for me ' ( room 322)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Amit A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Vincent,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review about your stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham. I'm glad to hear that Ian was professional and courteous to you during your stay. We all do take great pride in working with Wyndham, but the ultimate joy is reading reviews such as yours that encourage us to continue delivering a great guest experience.

We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip at the Hawthorn Suites in Meriden, CT.

Regards
Mountain View, California
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My daughter & I stayed here while visiting Wesleyan College. After reading these reviews I was concerned about cleanliness but it was very clean, spacious and we loved the full kitchen! Staff was very helpful with my requests.
We did stay on the 4th floor and the hallway did smell of cigarette smoke. The room, however, was fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Amit A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Meri-beth,

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing a review for your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while visiting your Daughter at Wesleyan University. We do pride ourselves on clean and comfortable rooms at an affordable price.

We do have some smoking room on the 4th floor which are in a small section towards the end of the corridor. I do apologize for that and are taking steps towards finding a way to eliminate any smoke smell entering the corridors.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you back again at the Hawthorn Suites in Meriden, CT.

Regards.
colorado
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for two nights. I arrived after 9:00 pm to the hotel and was given keys to my room. However they did not work. Went back done and got another set. Again, they did not work. Went back down and got a third set. These ones opened the door and how I wished they had not. There were dirty dishes in the sink, the bed was not made and there was some funky smell in the room. Back down again and I was given a different room. This one was much better.

The hotel is not a four or five star hotel. It is one that seems to caters to out-of-state workers who will be staying there for several days if not weeks. Both mornings when I left for my meetings, there were guys checking in at 8:00 am after a night of work. The room has a kitchen, which was nice. While the hotel seems rough, it is not from negelect, It is from heavy use. One can tell the staff is doing everything they can to make the stay enjoyable. Each morning there was juice, muffins and energy bars. When I checked out I was given a bag of goodies for the road trip

Will I stay here again? Most likely, but not with my family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alyssa B, Operations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay here at the Hawthorn Suites in Meriden.
It is our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

I am glad we were able to correct the problems that you experienced upon check in and you enjoyed the rest of your stay. I also wanted to inform you that we will be undergoing renovations this summer to give our hotel a refreshed and updated appearance. Along with the renovations we will be adding a hot breakfast and business center. We hope to see you back so you may experience our new look!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Four Points by Sheraton Meriden
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden? Share your experiences!