I chose Hawthorn Suites because I, urgently, needed a reasonably-priced, pet-friendly hotel with a kitchenette in my suite that would allow me to bring food from home, so that my dog and I could ride out the Blizzard of 2013 safely, rather than risk being at home, losing power for days and being trapped in a freezing cold condo. The Hawthorn was perfect! The room was very comfortable, with a full-sized refrigerator, two-burner stove top, and large microwave. I found everything that I needed to be able to prepare and eat meals, made from fresh ingredients that I brought with me, to prevent them from going rotten at home, if I lost power. The bathroom was fully stocked with the softest, thickest, fluffiest towels and bath linens that I have, ever, found in any hotel, in the USA or abroad, truly. The TV and DVD player in my single, gueen-size suite worked fine, and the exercise room was such a welcome retreat to be able to escape from the worry that the blizzard was causing, and, just, get a workout. When I, finally, sank into bed, the night before the full force of the Blizzard hit us, I gasped with pleasure and appreciation at the sheer sofness and warmth of the most comfortable sheets and pillows that I have, ever, slept on, including my own at home. My dog and I had everything that we needed to be comfortable. Then, as the storm, really, pounded Southeastern Connecticut, the front reception desk staff of this Hawthorn Suites stayed at their posts for more than 30 hours, each, more than a double shift, helping their guests with anything and everything that they could. One of them was, always, there to give guests any supplies they had, as we ran out of them, provide updates on when the parking lot might be plowed, and coordinate efforts to enable us to obtain assistance in extricating our totally snow-buried vehicles. One of them, even, dug guest cars out from under five-foot snow drifts himself, and the other, repeatedly, ran out into the snow-filled parking lot to communicate with the snow plower about freeing our cars and, then, back inside, to mop the wet lobby floor to prevent anyone from falling. They did an amazing job, for which I could not have been more thankful. All of the above cost me a very reasonable nightly room rate, the best of several hotels that I checked on, especially since I had to stay there for four nights. I cannot say enough, but I will end by saying that, if/ when another severe storm threatens my home, I would go to this particular Hawthorn Suites in a heartbeat, and feel great about it! Thank you, Hawthorn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the comforts of home at our recently renovated Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden pet-friendly hotel, located off Interstate 91, in the center of the business districts of Meriden, Wallingford and Cromwell. Our Meriden, CT hotel is the best choice for extended stay travelers with convenient amenities like free Wi-Fi Internet access, fully-equipped kitchens and over-sized executive desks in every suite. We're pleased to offer our guests deluxe, newly renovated accommodations for a relaxing business trip or visit to the Hartford, CT region, as well as host three Manager Receptions every week. Break a sweat in our fitness center or enjoy free hot breakfast in our renovated breakfast room daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Meriden Hotel Meriden
- Candlewood Meriden
- Meriden Candlewood Suites