“Good value, clean -- great breakfast. Easy in/out.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed October 24, 2013

What more do want for a cheap stay? Big rooms, seemingly newer. No hassles at all. Bathroom fan is loud and automatic with the light, so you can't hear yourself shave when the light is on, but minor. Location is easy to find and continue on your destination. Sort of a strange strip of highway with lots of dingy hotels nearby. Don't know why there is so many, but Holiday Inn is a beacon in the drab scene.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights on business in late september. The hotel is very clean, rooms also very clean. Breakfast is great. I just have a couple of comments.
Firstly there is no fridge in the room and the plug in the bath is the worst i have come across in a hotel, there's no chance of a soak after work.
Would i stay again.......absolutely YES

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HIEXMeriden, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank the time to thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Meriden. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and most of all for choosing our hotel for your stay while in Meriden. We hope to have you back with us again.

Thank you once again from the staff & management here at the Holiday Inn Express Meriden

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while visiting friends in Middletown, CT. The room was nicely appointed and comfortable. However, when we returned from our outing on the evening of the third day (with housekeeping staff already gone), we discovered that the room had not been cleaned/tidied up that day. The desk clerk had no authority to do anything more than a possible 10% discount for that one night and give me a clean set of towels, with some soap and shampoo. I was told to speak to the desk manager the next morning. Next morning at checkout, I was told that said manager had not yet arrived (this was around 10 a.m.) and that nothing could be done without a person of authority. During the conversation, the desk manager arrived. Upon hearing of the problem, she allowed a 50% refund of the night's stay. I see that Holiday Inn does not have the policy of Hilton Brand hotels, where they refund the entire night's stay for any lack of satisfaction. This is an incentive for me to continue to stay at Hilton Hotels. In addition, the breakfast was just adequate.

1  Thank Patricia N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Patricia N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the housekeeping service. Though this matter has been resolved in a timely manner, I regret this has negatively impacted your stay with us. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We needed a place to stay as a half-way point on our long drive from PA to Acadia National Park in ME. We chose Holiday Inn Express and it was a good one. The room was clean and everything relatively new. Just one slight downside - the fan in the bathroom was rather loud and really didn't clear the moisture from the mirror when you showered. All of the staff at the hotel were very friendly. The continental breakfast was a great one with both hot and cold items. Yes, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HIEXMeriden, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Hope to have you with us again!!!

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Needed a property to stay relatively close to the Whitney Center in Hamden, CT. We found this hotel in need of updating / upgrading everything.
Room was clean, but nothing had been done for maintenance in many years. Most of the rooms were designated as for smoking. The Oder of stale smoke permeated the entire complex.

Would I come back? No there are other locations more update than early 1980's decor.

Front Desk personnel were friendly and courteous!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank RobOlson

Dear valued guest,

I want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Meriden for your recent stay. I also want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate and welcome all feedback as this helps us maintain a great job and utilize this information to improve our performance. Hope we have you with us again and thank you once again for choosing us.

War regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and daughter this past weekend during a local girl's softball tournament. It was a very good choice! I pre-arranged an accessible room on the ground floor since my wife had knee replacement surgery two weeks earlier. The room was great....one of the biggest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in...we could have played basketball. Ok, not really, but you get the idea. Everything was very clean and in good condition in the relatively new property...I think it was built about 4 years ago.
The included breakfast was fine...standard Holiday Inn Express fare...but the staff was pleasant and kept everything filled. Plenty of tables.

The room was also very quiet considering the hotel is located very close to a pretty busy road and our room was just a few yards from the road...no problem sleeping on the quite comfortable bed.

The best thing about this location is the staff....it seemed no request was too much for them to accomodate...whether it be asking for a fridge, change for the washing machine, sheets, blanket and pillow for the sofabed, etc etc. all was delivered promptly and with a smile. I would especially like to give a shout out to Rachel at the front desk, who was very helpful...and to Angela the manager. Thanks for everything...and if we are in the area again, we won't hesitate to stay with you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The overall stay was nice. However the a/c did not work as well, and possibly had mold in the room, which I'm allergic to, and when we got back home I ended up calling out of work, and going to my doctors for antibiotics.

Check-in, though my fiance and I were early, (which we did apologized for and we gave the option to come back ) the person at the desk, sighed and rolled her eyes as she looked at her computer, "yeah I guess you can check in early" was her response. She gave us our card keys and, briefly told where are room was located, and asked for the customer behind us what they wanted. She was efficient but less than friendly.

The breakfast spread was actually really great! The employee who was tending the kitchen was very helpful and pleasant, as she fixed and reloaded the batter for the pancake machine. Which honestly--was EPIC!!

Overall the cleanliness of the room and kitchen, the housekeepers, and location of the hotel was fairly good. Just the customer service of the desk staff could use some fine tuning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlRia12
HIEXMeriden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I first want to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay and send my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I can assure you these issues will be addressed. I thank you once again and do hope you give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden? Share your experiences!