Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
East Greenbush, New York, United States
“Not bad”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The overall stay was nice. However the a/c did not work as well, and possibly had mold in the room, which I'm allergic to, and when we got back home I ended up calling out of work, and going to my doctors for antibiotics.

Check-in, though my fiance and I were early, (which we did apologized for and we gave the option to come back ) the person at the desk, sighed and rolled her eyes as she looked at her computer, "yeah I guess you can check in early" was her response. She gave us our card keys and, briefly told where are room was located, and asked for the customer behind us what they wanted. She was efficient but less than friendly.

The breakfast spread was actually really great! The employee who was tending the kitchen was very helpful and pleasant, as she fixed and reloaded the batter for the pancake machine. Which honestly--was EPIC!!

Overall the cleanliness of the room and kitchen, the housekeepers, and location of the hotel was fairly good. Just the customer service of the desk staff could use some fine tuning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlRia12
HIEXMeriden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I first want to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay and send my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I can assure you these issues will be addressed. I thank you once again and do hope you give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel had ONLY 1 person responsible for the whole hotel! No security or any other person outside of the front dest attendant, who was hiding in the back...I called for blankets and sheets for the sofa, he told me he does not have blankets, and he can't bring the sheets because he was alone...I went down to pick up the the sheets, waited about 1.5 minutes for him to get out of his hiding place...and I asked again, are you sure you don't have blanket?!...he replied: yes, but I can't get them cause I'm alone here! I asked are you the only person responsible for the whole hotel?! Yes, he replied!...I offered to go pick up the blanket myself...he than went and got me a blanket!
In the morning he refused to help the breakfast attendant to set up the breakfast, despite the fact that the morning receptionist was there, and he knew that the breakfast staff was late...he told the breakfast attendant (who was in tears asking for help), that this is not his job..."it's like if I asked you to do the checkout for me..." Wow, what a lazy bum!!! They need to go over some "teamwork" training ! Needles to say my daughter and I had to skip breakfast and go to DD!
I would not go back to this hotel again!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Romance4u
HIEXMeriden, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Valued customer,

I first want to send my sincere apology for the poor customer service that you received during your recent stay with us. I also want to say that I agree on the the team work and can assure you that this situation with my staff has been addressed. I thank you for your feedback as any feedback is truly appreciated and will be utilized to better our staff and guest's experience.

Warm regards,
Angela Sanchez, GM
Atlanta
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a great basic hotel and very new. The service is good, rooms are clean and for this area that is saying a lot. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Meriden. It is off the beat and path. If your looking to eat, continue north past the hotel for about 4 miles, a bunch of stuff there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued customer,

I want to thank you for your feedback and to say that it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our location. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meriden. We look forward to having you again with us.

Warm regards,
Angela Sanchez, GM
Queens, New York, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is great! They have a Great breakfast each morning, heated indoor pool and free cookies!!! Also, stores such as Walmart and Target are about 10-20mins away. The staff were good also. The rooms are spacious and very clean!! My husband and two kids loved the pool so much they went straight after breakfast. They also have a fitness center which has two treadmills and a bike. The price was very reasonable for the weekend and the hotel is well worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I live in town and I came here because my son had been dying to swim. The room was clean and very modern. The pool however was freezing! So I spent $130 to swim and we weren't even able too! I did mention it to the reception desk but they said there wasn't much they could do. Breakfast in the morning was excellent. Would come back again if pool was warmer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Brittney B,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are delighted you found our rooms clean and modern. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. It is disappointing to hear the condition of our swimming pool did not live up to your expectations. Nevertheless, your input have been shared with our management team for review.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Frederick
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great place and excellent value. Stayed there on a leisure trip on my way to Maine and I enjoyed that this was a very clean place to stay. Wonderful free continental breakfast was also served. Would definitely stay here again if I would be in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just stopped for an overnight trip and found this hotel extremely convenient. My room was clean, well stocked with towels and toiletries, and was very quiet. We were on the second floor, away from the elevator, and our "view" consisted of looking at the Comfort Inn just next door. But I didn't care. I was just there to sleep, shower and change and get on my way. The check in clerk was extremely nice and I wished I had gotten her name. We were very early, yet she looked and gave us a room right away. She even said that she was putting us away from a baseball team which was staying in the hotel that weekend. I just have three things that I would have changed, and that would be the noisy fan in the bathroom, no snack vending machine just a coke machine, and the breakfast could have been better, but I wasn't really expecting much along those lines. I was surprised that there was hot eggs and sausage and not just coffee and donuts. Parking was great and noise level was mininum. Even from the noisy highway! Didn't use the pool, but it look like it would have been nice if I'd remembered and brought my suit! I would definitely stay here again. The rate was very below average and that alone was a double plus! I don't think you could go wrong using this hotel at all. BTW, just up the road there are malls, and miniature golf courses, drug stores, restuarants galore!

Room Tip: Don't expect too much for breakfast. There were eggs, sausage, cereal and muffins. The pancake m...