The overall stay was nice. However the a/c did not work as well, and possibly had mold in the room, which I'm allergic to, and when we got back home I ended up calling out of work, and going to my doctors for antibiotics.
Check-in, though my fiance and I were early, (which we did apologized for and we gave the option to come back ) the person at the desk, sighed and rolled her eyes as she looked at her computer, "yeah I guess you can check in early" was her response. She gave us our card keys and, briefly told where are room was located, and asked for the customer behind us what they wanted. She was efficient but less than friendly.
The breakfast spread was actually really great! The employee who was tending the kitchen was very helpful and pleasant, as she fixed and reloaded the batter for the pancake machine. Which honestly--was EPIC!!
Overall the cleanliness of the room and kitchen, the housekeepers, and location of the hotel was fairly good. Just the customer service of the desk staff could use some fine tuning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand-new Holiday Inn Express conveniently located off I-91 and Route 15 in central Connecticut. Our richly appointed spacious state-of-the-art guest suites offer free Wi-Fi, wet bar with microwave and mini-fridge. The separate living area makes our suites perfect for business travelers, families, or long term assignments. Brand new 32 digital flat screen TVs are just another special touch sure to make your stay enjoyable. If traveling on business our hotel is a short drive to numerous businesses like Northeast Utilities, Aetna, Hartford Convention Center, Bristol Meyers Squibb, and other business parks on Research Parkway In Wallingford. Bradley International, Brainard, and Tweed Airports are also close by. We are situated near Wesleyan and convenient to many prestigious schools and colleges including Yale, Rosemary Choate Hall, Wesleyan, Quninnipiac and Central Connecticut State University to name a few. Leisure travelers have numerous and varied attractions to enjoy. You can catch a live concert at the Chevrolet Theatre, take a roller coaster ride at Lake Compounce, enjoy Broadway style performances at The Bushnell, see where Mark Twain lived and stroll around the botanical gardens of Hubbard park. Nearby shopping malls include Westfarms and Westfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Meriden
- Holiday Inn Express Meriden