$76
$128
$105
FourPoints.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

$95
ExtendedStay
Red Roof Inn Meriden(Meriden)(Great Value!)
$69
Hotels.com
Courtyard by Marriott New Haven Wallingford(Wallingford)(Great Value!)
$127
Courtyard
Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford(Wallingford)(Great Value!)
$119
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsindoor poolwasted spaceturkey sausageroom was cleantraveling homeother guestssnow stormmicro wavenoisy fanstaff was very friendly and helpfulone night stayworked finean upgradecontinental breakfastice machinescrambled eggsthird floor
Reviewed September 12, 2012

So let me begin by saying the hotel staff was very friendly and inviting. The hotel overall is very nice and modern. There were however 3 main issues. 1) The floor is so thin it sounds like elephants are walking above you. 2) The floors in the common areas (Elevators, Hallways are at best FILTHY!!!!) They need a major cleaning possibly even replacing. 3) There is only one restaurant that is close to the hotel. Most are about 10 miles away. Overall I would definitely stay here again but I would ABSOLUTELY ask for a third floor room.

Room Tip: ABSOLUTELYask for a third floor room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robbi4729
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Robbi4729,

Thank you for taking the time to write our location a review. I am glad that you found our staff service accommodating enough for your needs and hotel ambiance inviting. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience caused by the noise and issues with cleanliness. We will address these points and I hope when you would return you would see the improvements made.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Amazinly large rooms, perfect for morning yoga! Tiny little bathrooms though.
We're Priority Club members and when 3 of us checked in we got ONE complimentary bottle of spring water. Since wholesale they cost about twenty cents that felt a little funny.
But overall, it's fine for an Express Hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express, a hotel perfectly located for our recent tours of several New England colleges. What makes most hotels of this brand a good bet is: they always have free Wi-Fi; they usually have two queen size beds; they are usually new or newer-builds; they usually have free parking; they have a free breakfast; and they are reasonably priced.

What made the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meriden spectacular was that they returned some jewelry I had forgotten to pack. After leaving the hotel that morning, my daughter and I were standing with other parents and rising seniors at the Yale tour, when I noticed another mom with a strand of pearls. I raised my hand to my own neck to discover I had forgotten mine at the hotel! I couldn't do anything about it at that moment, since we were in the middle of the college tour.

A short while later, during lunch, my phone rang. It was the hotel manager calling to tell me they had found my pearl necklace and wanted to ship it to me. Needless to say, I was delighted that the housekeeper had 1) found the jewelry and 2) been honest in returning it. And I was pleased they had contacted me so quickly. In fact, the necklace was home before we were!

I'm ashamed to admit, I forgot to leave a tip for the housekeeper that morning; fellow travelers, please remember to leave tips for the housekeepers... they are hard-working and, as my experience shows, honest.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HIEXMeriden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so proud of my housekeeping staff; they are truly amazing and care deeply about our hotel and guests. I am pleased to hear that you received your necklace so quickly. Please come back to see us again! Cheryl Sullivan, GM

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We found this hotel because we needed a nights rest on our long drive. The staff were very friendly and got us set up quickly and were helpful with our questions. The rooms were extra large but void of character. It was odd because the bathrooms were regular size. For a weary traveller looking for a rest, this place does the trick. Don't worry if you sleep late and miss the free breakfast, it was not very good.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I only had use 10,000 Priority Club Points for the night. The location is not in any metro area but rather in-between Hartford and New Haven (great for traveling sales reps). The facility is only 3 years old and still feels brand new. We checked in on a Sunday afternoon which was very quite. Our room was quite large and exceptionally clean. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was very good. There is one food/pub establishment about 2 miles away that will pick you up and bring you back to the hotel free of charge - the info is at the front desk. Otherwise the dining options are rather limited. The only negative; as was mentioned previously is the poor sound insulation quality between the rooms. We could easily hear the TV being played in one of the adjacent rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple