Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Agoda.com
$59
$57
Agoda.com
Red Roof Inn Meriden(Meriden)(Great Value!)
$69
Courtyard by Marriott New Haven Wallingford(Wallingford)(Great Value!)
$118
Courtyard
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor poolhi expresswasted spaceturkey sausagetraveling throughother guestssnow stormmicro wavenoisy fanstaff was very friendly and helpfulan upgradeice machinecontinental breakfasthotel is cleanone night stayscrambled eggsbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Stayed in rm 324 (top floor away from street) from 1/5/12-1/8/12. There was minimal noise during my stay even on the weekend. Breakfast was good, I enjoyed the complimentary cookies, tea, coffee,& hot chocolate that was provided throughout my stay. During my stay, I encountered a small personal problem during which the on-site manager, Diane Kriegger was more than helpful in helping me solve the problem. Thanks sooo much! My only one complaint would be the heat/ac unit. It runs all night in the on position, which you have to block out the noise to fall asleep. In the auto position, it cuts on/off which woke me up during the first night. Other than that, great, quiet location, good breakfast, & friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was very sick and needed a quiet and comfortable place to rest. I requested a room on the top floor, away from the elevator and she was very willing to oblige and that was great but what surprised me even more was that she was very honest and sympathetic that I was sick and told me that the room I selected was in between rooms that were being worked on (she didn't have to say anything!) and so she and the GM tried to find me another room that was quiet. They ended up giving me a room on the same floor but upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge!

I was extremely grateful for this and the room that I got was extremely large and spacious and nicely renovated. The bed was super comfortable and the heater was great too. I could not have asked for a better stay then this! Full marks to the staff and even the super friendly maintenance guy! You guys should be very proud! The only downside that I think is worth mentioning is the location as its not really handy to much.

Also, to the person who whinged about the alarm clock? Are you serious?! Its not the hotels responsibility to make sure the alarm is set to the off position, grow up and do it yourself!

Room Tip: I used a coupon and was told that each coupon can only be used for one night but there was no mention of this on the small print. So if you plan to stay more then one night make sure you bring more then one.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Due to power outages resulting from a freak snow storm our first stay here didn't go so well; room wasn't ready/wrong room type etc. Cheryl Rosa Sullivan the Manager went out of her way to fix our problems. The suite we stayed in was immaculate. A pleasure to stay at a place where management and staff are professional and the customer still comes first. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: ask for L shaped suite
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed two different times within a week; once on our way to Maryland and on our way back. The first time was excellent, the second time, not as great. We used our Priority Club Rewards Nights both times (we are Platinum Status). The room was much nicer the first time, and they were only two doors apart. First time the breakfast was what we expected; the second time the pancake machine was out-of-order and the eggs were quite dry. There were chocolate chip cookies available at the desk this first time, but not the second time. I know we are being picky, but our stays were only 6 days apart and our expectations were great. Front desk person was very efficient and remembered us from our first stay.

Be prepared as there are no restaurants very close by, and the facility is a few miles off the highway. However, you do have a quiet hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms do vary on the same floor. See above.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank QBConsultants
HIEXMeriden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling. I am so sorry to hear that you did not find your stay the second time as satisfying as your first stay with us. We do offer a variety of room types and furnishings throughout the hotel and it is true that two rooms near each other may be slightly different in the offerings. We are happy to accommodate any needs that you may have, so feel free to request the type of room that you would like and we are happy to do the best we can to fill your request, based on what is available at the time.

Our cookies are extremely popular, though it is a rare occasion that we do run out completely. I hope you will come back again to stay, and when you do, please mention what happened last time and we will make sure we have cookies set aside for you and the room furnishings that you enjoyed the first time you stayed with us.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding. The spacious suite style rooms were great with the kids. This happened to be during a heat wave and the room stayed cool with the PTAC unit. Staff did a great job with cleaning but staff wasn't overtly friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011