“Must Do at Foxwoods”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rt 2 and 214
Description: Italian cuisine is a very passionate cuisine that prides itself on cultivating the freshest ingredients to shine through. Our goal at Al Dente is to provide you with that passion and freshness along with excellent, knowledgeable service, from a menu that brings our own unique preparations to some of Italy's classic dishes.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The restaurant, though expensive like many at Foxwoods, was very good.

For a great Italian dinner, it was very good. The food, service, presentation, and atmosphere hit the mark. We had no compaints and will definitely go back!

Not much more to say than that -- recommended for all those who like a tasty Italian dinner.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I orginize a yearly trip with my college buddies to Foxwoods and wanted a change from the steakhouses. After reading reviews of this place, I was hesitant, but we were there to gamble, so why not try it out? I don't typically write reviews, but I felt this place needed this . . .

We knew it was more "old school" Italian, which is what we wanted. There were 6 guys total and it was a Saturday night. We had calamari and antipasto for appitizers. We ordered veal saltimbocca, veal chop and bolognese for dinner. EVERYTHING was excellent including the service. The waitress was always there when we needed her.
No compaints whatsoever. I spoke to the manager post dinner and told him of our experience and he said they were really working hard to turn it around in there. I promised I'd write this, so here it is. Well done.

1  Thank GJDubs
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to make reservation here on a Wednesday night due to our love of Italian food. I read the reviews after booking dinner but decided to try it out for ourselves. The décor was lovely and our server was pleasant and attentive. The warm bread to start was delicious but it ends there. I ordered Manicotti and was disappointed at two hollow noodles stuffed with what tasted like a bag of shredded mozzarella instead of delicious creamy ricotta. My boyfriend ordered chicken broccoli farfalle which came soaked in a bland cream sauce with visible puddles of oil throughout. I don't know how he ate as much of it as he did as I couldn't bare the taste of a single bite. Disappointed to pay $70 for an extremely sub par dinner. We don't mind splurging on a yummy dinner but this was not it. Save yourself and choose another option at Foxwoods, there sure are plenty of them!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a nice meal - my husband had the seafood pasta dish and I had a mushroom pasta. I missed the fact that there was asparagus in the dish and it was an off flavor for me - it distracted from the rich creaminess of the mushrooms. So I segregated the asparagus and pasta and each was delicious eaten separately. The manager, Shawn, checked with us to see how the meal was going and saw my separate asparagus and mushrooms and said I should have told him, he would have gotten me one without asparagus. Everything was tasty and the service was efficient without being overbearing. We passed on dessert because the meal itself was filling. We will eat here again, though it is difficult since it isn't open Monday or Tuesday and we had originally planned to stay Sunday-Wednesday.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Mom and I had dinner here to celebrate her 85th birthday. We have been there several times before, and truly enjoyed each dining experience. This time, however, was a huge disappointment. We had reservations, and were seated promptly. The restaurant had a few diners, but definitely not busy. We ordered bruschetta, and would have opted for another app, if our waitress had brought the complimentary bread/oil when we were seated. Our entrees arrived in a timely fashion. Mom had shrimp with a mushroom risotto. The shrimp looked dry and overcooked, and they were. My mother couldn't eat them, although she raved about the risotto. I had the linguine with clam sauce. This was served with several in shell littleneck clams, which also looked overcooked. And they were! Very tough and chewy. Any reputable chef would not have served these dishes. We brought our concerns to our waitress, who told the host about them. He was pretty apologetic and comped us the desserts. Since we had really good dinners before this, we will try Al Dente one more time. I think the competition with better restaurants is hurting them. We shall see.