“Loved the room, just not worth the price.”

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed August 28, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed for his birthday in the king suite. Room was very clean, but it was still pretty small for the price payed. The bed was beyond amazing; best sleep I have had in a while. Room service was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed August 28, 2010

I stayed at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods August 2010. And, even though it seemed I picked the worst 3 days in August weather-wise (rained all 3 days), I had a great time.
The Director's Suite was a very nice size, and the bathroom and shower were great. I had a beautiful view of the forest - very serene and peaceful.
The staff was very attentive and friendly. The casino was pretty small, but there is a walkway to the other Foxwoods casinos, which had much more activity. The dance club in the hotel was very crowded on a Tuesday night, and from what I heard (did not go in) the music was pretty good.
I went to the Spa for 2 treatments, and it was heaven! Keri T. gave me a great hot stone massage, and then I requested her again for a 50 minute reflexology treatment that was so relaxing, I fell alseep! The spa services and area are top notch, even compared to some top spas I have been to in NYC.

I doubled my $$ in the casino, so I had a great time. Can't wait to go back in the fall when the leaves are changing. It should be gorgeous!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My husband and I were disappointed with the hotel and it was not what we expected. We frequently go to the Borgata in AC. The mix of people from older, people with kids, and young guidos is just a recipe for disaster and so crowded. Plus, the price of the room was not worth it. Had a great dinner at Shrine and a fine breakfast at Juniors. Found staff not friendly at all and actually seemed annoyed to help you.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Although this hotel is really for adults, we came with our teens to see a concert. I was amazed at how pleasant and helpful the staff was from the moment we pulled up and a man greeted us to take our car and baggage, to the front desk staff, to the restaurant staff and even people working in all the stores in Foxwoods were amazing helpful and pleasant. Would definitely come again. Very comfortable and clean as well!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Nice new, clean and modern rooms. Outdoor pool area is cool. Spa charges $15 to hotel guest. The Spa was relaxing...I got an overpriced pedicure ($70) next time I will just get the day pass. The casino is really classy too.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Stayed here for two nights to enjoy the casinos. This was our 5th trip to foxwoods; first stay at MGM. The checkin was a nightmare! At 4PM, waited in a line with about 100 people in front of us that took about 20 minutes to get through. NOT necessary; put on more agents at that time of the day! Room was fantastic. Big luxurious bathroom, very comfy beds. Not a large room at all!! Paying the $15 day resort fee is ridiculous for a newspaper I didn't read and water we had to call for! Front desk staff upon checkout had NO personality at all! Certainly not the service of a 4-star hotel! Despite the lack of personal service and very generic hotel, would definately stay there again for the newness and convenience. If any member of the management team reads this, your front desk employees need more customer service training!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We paid $40 more for one night in Ledyard, CT than we did last year for a night in the middle of Manhattan in a similarly sized room. And the room in Manhattan was CLEAN. The MGM room was coated in dust, there were sticky glass rings on the side table, nasty smudges on the fabric of the chair, the bathroom mat didn't look clean and the room was small. I'll NEVER stay there again. At least it was quiet and we were able to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
#3 of 4 in Mashantucket
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Fox Tower at Foxwoods

Address: 350 Trolley Line Boulevard, Mashantucket, CT 06338-3830 (Formerly MGM Grand at Foxwoods)
Location: United States > Connecticut > Mystic Country > Mashantucket
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Price Range: $149 - $828 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — The Fox Tower at Foxwoods 4*
Staying at the AAA Four Diamond Fox Tower is everything you've imagined. As soon as you step into the circular lobby, all your senses become engaged. You see the modern design. You hear the upbeat music. You can't wait to taste, touch and experience all the incredible shopping and entertainment options. And it gets even better when you arrive at your beautifully appointed room and meet our ever-accommodating team. A visit to the incomparable G Spa and grand outdoor pool make the fantasy complete. The Fox Tower isn't just a hotel. It's a dream come true. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Fox Tower at Foxwoods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mgm Grand At Foxwoods Hotel Mashantucket