“Another great stay in the Fox Tower”

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Boston
“Another great stay in the Fox Tower”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Fox Tower is our new favorite place at Foxwoods. Cory and the entire staff go out of the way to make the stay incredible. We instantly got a top floor room upgrades to window art and deserts in the room. We really like the outdoor pool and smaller casino. We spent a little extra on a suite and wow what a large room, with a Jacuzzi with a great view. Cory the manager met me during a previous stay at the main hotel and campaigned for Fox Towers. We’re glad he guided us in this direction and will stay here for now on!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobinBoston
Cory M, Front Office Manager at The Fox Tower at Foxwoods, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write and share your feedback on your recent visit. It was my pleasure having you as our guest and I look forward to providing you with many more wonderful experiences here at Foxwoods.

Cory Merriman
Front Office Manager
The Fox Tower
Foxwoods Resort Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
wareham
Reviewed August 26, 2014

the entire staff here is very professional. allthough i get my rooms free they still take the time to dote on me. not much luck at casino but fun just the same. we came down by bus with coupons for a free buffett. sometimes good , sometimes just ok. but a great deal.

Room Tip: there are 4 hotels on the property. 3 are above casino and 1 is in the woods. twin trees is for peop...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at Foxwoods in the tower many times and never commented . That's changing now. Being my birthday and somehow the concierge found out ! I had a happy birthday message on my window that shown through when the sun hit the glass , and an assortment of chocolate covered strawberries with white and dark chocolate mixed in! Thank you Mike G. and all the staff . This is my best birthday ever in 20 years coming to Foxwoods.

Stayed August 2014
Vinhedo, SP
Reviewed August 24, 2014

It's amazing how big this complex is. You have a casino, countless stores, restaurants and much more.
I stayed for 4 nights only, but didn't want to leave! The room was big and comfortable for 3 adults (extra rollaway bed).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MRentel
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Outrageously overpriced. Amenities lacking. No keycheck at elevators. Anyone can get on the elevator with you at any time and believe me, some unsavory, drunken people stumbling about. Would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Caters to smokers. Non-smoking areas virtually unavailable once you leave your hotel room. Non smoki...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank bearzlookin
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I'm not a regular visitor to Foxwoods but enough so that I can find my way around this large venue. My first few visits, I stayed at was then known as MGM. At the time it was an upscale name-brand hotel and had the reputation for being on the high end of accommodations. Everything met my expectations: room, spa, pool, staff. Then it happened, the after-Shrine onslaught to the rooms. Flashback....spring break. One room with 6-10 people sleeping on the floor, running, yelling, door slamming, music, etc. Been there done that but I've definitely moved past those years and expected a bit more from hotel security. After that, I started to stay at the Grand Pequot. It was great and met my expectations as well.

Now to what brought me to TripAdvisor and this review. I was invited by some very good friends to Foxwoods this past weekend and went to make my usual reservation but there was no availability at Grand Pequot. The only availability was at what is now known as Fox Tower. I made the reservation and then started searching for reviews on the property. Wow....the more I read the more frightened I became that the weekend would be a total disaster. One thing I also noticed in the reviews was that the Manager, Cory Merriman responded to the reviews and always gave his phone number asking the reviewer to reach out. Hmmmm. Interesting....so....I called. My first surprise was that he returned my call! We spoke at some length regarding the reviews I had read on Trip Advisor and my concerns. He shared that he valued each review and looked at them as a way to improve the property. Basically, he couldn't solve for a problem he didn't know existed and if it wasn't brought to his attention "real time" but after the fact, the damage to the hotel reputation was already done and would be difficult to repair. He offered to try to move me to Grand Pequot but, after our conversation, I decided to give it one more try. As a very kind gesture, he offered to upgrade the room and it did not disappoint. It was awesome and very well-maintained I must add. The bed comfortable and the bathroom is comparable to many of the high-end hotels I have visited. Noteworthy: the view over the forest is spectacular. Later that night...it happened, the after-Shrine migration. I remembered what the manager said, took a deep breath and called security. Bam! Within 10 minutes, problem solved. Not another peep! I was back to sleep, comfortably in my bed in no time.

At checkout, I asked to meet with Mr. Merriman to thank him for his thoughtfulness and the time he took with me before my visit. Although it was the Sunday morning checkout rush, he took the time to come out to meet with me. He brought to my attention a few other guest services I was not aware of like calling ahead to the guest concierge for any special requests. Such as if you are celebrating a birthday or memorable occasion, let them know. They would be happy to make a suggestion as to how to make it a little more special.

After this visit, I will definitely stay at Fox Tower again. Any manager who values his clientele this much and takes personal pride in the reputation of his property deserves another chance.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
8 Thank EJG3248
Cory M, Front Office Manager at The Fox Tower at Foxwoods, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Good afternoon EJG3248! It was my pleasure speaking with you this past Sunday, I always appreciate the oportunity to meet with our guests and discuss their stay. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you for all of your candid posts and valuable information.

Have a great day!

Cory Merriman
Front Office Manager
The Fox Tower
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Certainly Foxwoods revolves around gambling, literally and figuratively. And as a non-gambler, I wasn't so sure how much I would enjoy it. The hotel was fabulous! Would have preferred to have access to at least one quiet coffee/wine bar kind of option though. All in all though, it was a great weekend!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jgmills
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!