“too expensive for what it is” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fox Tower at Foxwoods

and 1 more site!
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
“too expensive for what it is”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed on the 28th floor in a suite for our honeymoon. I am a regular player at Foxwoods and have no special discounts. I bet a lot too...not just subjectively. Rooms are nice, and it is clean. Overall a good place to stay. The only Casinos that are nicer are Mohegan Sun Uncasville and Hard Rock Hollywood/Ft Lauderadle/Seminole.

Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
West Haven, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

There wasn't a bell hop available. I reserved a Director's Suite with a wooded view and got a room with a parking garage view and the jacuzzi had marijuana looking joints on the tub ledge. I requested a room change, and was told my request for the room was noted so I could have the room change ( I don't understand why I didn't get it in the first place!?) I had to go get my own key and they had a nerve NOT to have it ready for me. My husband waited 45 minutes with our luggage in a hallway while I waited to get re-checked in. Our new room had the view we wanted with a couch that I dared not sit on, it looked very used. There was soap scum on the faucets in the bathroom and hair in the jacuzzi. The fridge was questionable.There were sticky spots on the living room table and desk, holes in the curtain, and ashes on the panoramic window ledge. I was defeated and didn't want to put my husband through another 45 minute recheck in, so I pulled out my Lysol wipes and cleaned before I settled in. DON'T STAY ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT, they apparently clean windows on Thursday mornings. The window cleaner sat at our panoramic window and talked on his cell phone at approx 8 am for about 8 minutes. I complained and was given a 2 pm checkout but someone forgot to tell housekeeping. He walked in on us naked at 10:45 am despite the usually 11 am check out and DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. I wasn't going to complain to the manager but found out although I paid cash for my stay, $400 was charged to my card (not including the $100 incidental hold) No one told me that if I put my card on file but pay cash, they still hold the cost of the room AND the room rate for up to 6 business days. My card happened to be my debit card. I usually NEVER do that, and will always give a credit card instead from now on. I called a manager who couldn't help me and said a recovery manager would call me to make amends and release the hold on my card. Needless to say by this rant, I have not been contacted although I was put into several voice mails over a four day period. I am still waiting...........

Room Tip: Don't stay they night before they clean their windows (call and ask), bring Lysol wipes to clean...
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cory M, Front Office Manager at The Fox Tower at Foxwoods, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Good afternoon TeeandSincere My name is Cory Merriman and I am the Front Office Manager at The Fox Tower. I am very disappointed to hear of all the challenges you faced on your anniversary visit. I will be sharing your room concerns with the Housekeeping Management team for immediate review. Please contact me directly if your Debit hold is not resolved. I would like to work with you on a future reservation if you would be so kind as to allow me the opportunity. I would also like to suggest that if you plan to celebrate any special occasions with us that you contact our Chef Concierge prior to your visit so we can assist you in planning your special trip. Thank you for your time and candid feedback, I look forward to hearing from you.

Beverly, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

The rooms were very nicely appointed and the bed was super comfortable. It's that type of bed that you stay in right up until 20 min. til checkout time. The bathroom is nice, though they could use a few more hooks for towels, clothing... but otherwise very luxurious feel. I stayed on the 14th floor Saturday to Sunday while attending a bachelor party. It was a great place to crash after a night of dinner, bar-hopping, and a comedy show. Don't like that they charge for wifi after, I think, one free day. They make enough money at Foxwoods that they should give this to their guests for free like most others.

Room Tip: You want an even numbered room in order to have the better of the views available. HIgher up the bet...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank jonnyboy83
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I were going to a concert last Saturday Night at the Foxwoods MGM Casino Theater so we decided to stay on the grounds at Foxwoods and got a room discount since we were attending the show.

We had a spotless room on the 29th floor that was so quiet you would never know you were atop a casino and in a hotel full of bachelor and bachelorette parties.

Valet Service and Check-In / Check Out were smooth and trouble-free. Would stay again (although not at $450 per night).

Room Tip: Go for the upper floors
1 Thank Ed F
Clinton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I took my girlfriend to the Fox Tower for our 3 year anniversary and honestly had the best time in months. We are semi-regulars to the casino so we knew what to expect. Since we live relatively close by, I never spend the night unless I am there on business, so this is the first time I have really spent for pleasure.

Do to the fact I had made a last minute reservation and I was trying to do some extra things for our anniversary, I contacted management to make some custom arrangements. I got a response immediately and was helped even BEYOND what I had asked for. The staff from regular employees to concierge to management to the spa employees... EVERYONE... was FANTASTIC.

Thank you guys for helping make my anniversary the best one yet!

4 Thank Kris S
Plymouth, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

this is hardly the hotel you are looking for if the review says 4 diamond AAA...not much going on in the MGM grand either, although i love Juniors......The rooms were dusty, and our room still had food crumbs on the furniture.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank franktheturtle
Good afternoon franktheturtle! Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. Please accept my apology for the condition you found your room in. I will address your concerns directly with the Housekeeping Management team. If at anytime you find your room unsatisfactory there is someone here around the clock to assist you or we can move you to another room. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist.

Groton, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and kids planned a trip to the Casino and we usually stay at the Great Cedar or the Grand Pequot Hotels but they did not have a Suite available for 2 nights in a row so the first night we had to stay at the newly named Fox Tower. We stayed in a Producers Suite on the 25th floor. It is an open floor plan meaning the bedroom and living room are connected so you have no privacy when you go to bed. If the kids want to stay up while you want to go to bed you are basically forced to stay up also....this was out first and last time staying at the Fox Tower. We will continue to stay at our normal suites at the Great Cedar or the Grand Pequot which we stay at normally once a month. I do have to say the quality of the room was nice but there definitely needs to be some type of divider between the bedroom and the living room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank country860
Good afternoon country860! I`m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our Producers Suite. I hope this doesn`t deter you from staying with us again as we do have Suites to fit your request. Our Directors Suites are set up with a dividing wall between the bedroom and living room and would be perfect for your family visit. If I can be of assistance with any of your future reservations please don`t hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you for taking time to post your feedback.

(860)312-8759
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Mohegan Sun
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!