“Modern, comfortable room that you won't spend much time in” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fox Tower

You added The Fox Tower to your Saves list
The Fox Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Trolley Line Boulevard, Mashantucket, CT 06338 (Formerly MGM Grand at Foxwoods)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Beverly, MA
“Modern, comfortable room that you won't spend much time in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The rooms were very nicely appointed and the bed was super comfortable. It's that type of bed that you stay in right up until 20 min. til checkout time. The bathroom is nice, though they could use a few more hooks for towels, clothing... but otherwise very luxurious feel. I stayed on the 14th floor Saturday to Sunday while attending a bachelor party. It was a great place to crash after a night of dinner, bar-hopping, and a comedy show. Don't like that they charge for wifi after, I think, one free day. They make enough money at Foxwoods that they should give this to their guests for free like most others.

Room Tip: You want an even numbered room in order to have the better of the views available. HIgher up the bet...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank jonnyboy83

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I were going to a concert last Saturday Night at the Foxwoods MGM Casino Theater so we decided to stay on the grounds at Foxwoods and got a room discount since we were attending the show.

We had a spotless room on the 29th floor that was so quiet you would never know you were atop a casino and in a hotel full of bachelor and bachelorette parties.

Valet Service and Check-In / Check Out were smooth and trouble-free. Would stay again (although not at $450 per night).

Room Tip: Go for the upper floors
1 Thank Ed F
Clinton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I took my girlfriend to the Fox Tower for our 3 year anniversary and honestly had the best time in months. We are semi-regulars to the casino so we knew what to expect. Since we live relatively close by, I never spend the night unless I am there on business, so this is the first time I have really spent for pleasure.

Do to the fact I had made a last minute reservation and I was trying to do some extra things for our anniversary, I contacted management to make some custom arrangements. I got a response immediately and was helped even BEYOND what I had asked for. The staff from regular employees to concierge to management to the spa employees... EVERYONE... was FANTASTIC.

Thank you guys for helping make my anniversary the best one yet!

3 Thank Kris S
Plymouth, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

this is hardly the hotel you are looking for if the review says 4 diamond AAA...not much going on in the MGM grand either, although i love Juniors......The rooms were dusty, and our room still had food crumbs on the furniture.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank franktheturtle
Cory M, Front Office Manager at The Fox Tower, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Good afternoon franktheturtle! Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. Please accept my apology for the condition you found your room in. I will address your concerns directly with the Housekeeping Management team. If at anytime you find your room unsatisfactory there is someone here around the clock to assist you or we can move you to another room. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist.

(860)312-8759
Groton, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and kids planned a trip to the Casino and we usually stay at the Great Cedar or the Grand Pequot Hotels but they did not have a Suite available for 2 nights in a row so the first night we had to stay at the newly named Fox Tower. We stayed in a Producers Suite on the 25th floor. It is an open floor plan meaning the bedroom and living room are connected so you have no privacy when you go to bed. If the kids want to stay up while you want to go to bed you are basically forced to stay up also....this was out first and last time staying at the Fox Tower. We will continue to stay at our normal suites at the Great Cedar or the Grand Pequot which we stay at normally once a month. I do have to say the quality of the room was nice but there definitely needs to be some type of divider between the bedroom and the living room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank country860
Good afternoon country860! I`m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our Producers Suite. I hope this doesn`t deter you from staying with us again as we do have Suites to fit your request. Our Directors Suites are set up with a dividing wall between the bedroom and living room and would be perfect for your family visit. If I can be of assistance with any of your future reservations please don`t hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you for taking time to post your feedback.

(860)312-8759
Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Check in was a breeze and the staff let us check in early!! Thebes was so soft and the room was very comfy! Lived the bathroom! The pool was beautiful! The water was so warm and clean! Go early to secure a chair!!! Overall a great stay!! The only thing to keep in mind is it is a little further away from the main part of the casino!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We booked two rooms for the purpose of attending a wedding, reception being held at The Lake of Isles. They were suppose to be adjoining and on a non-smoking floor (the Brides family saved severely rooms for this event) Upon arrival not only were the rooms not together but my children had the unfortunate experience of being placed in a smelly smoking room. It was awful and the purpose of securing a reservation well in advance is to make sure something like this doesn't happen the person checking us is was of no assistance and all managers were unavailable(we were already delayed for the reception because of this incident. One of my children left and drove home that evening due to the odor. I was very disappointed and although the wedding was beautiful this put a big damper on our evening.

Room Tip: whats the point of a reservation
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Meg M
Good afternoon Meg M! Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. I would first like to apologize for the unfortunate situation you were put in. when booking a reservation please know that your room type preference is request not a guarentee. We do our best to get everyone into their preferred room type. In the future I would suggest booking online and looking into our EStandby options. They offer some options that might assist you in avoiding this uncomfortable situation. If I can be of assistance with any of your future reservations please don`t hesitate to contact me.

The Fox Tower
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
4.0 of 5 stars 622 reviews

Been to The Fox Tower? Share your experiences!