“Enjoyed my last stay.”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
NYC
“Enjoyed my last stay.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Beautiful new hotel. Stayed here for a night. Although the rooms are expensive, they are definitely comfortable. It has a very modern slick feel. This contrasts from their other hotels in the area which are a bit older.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Be forewarned that I am very neurotic when it comes to bed bugs, because I firmly believe that doing a little extra instead of slacking is how you stay bug free. Also, I have never had bugs, and really don't want to get them.

Anyway I have stayed at the various Foxwoods hotels about 1 or 2 days every week since August as I received 2 free comp'd rooms a week. While using a room I always use the luggage stand, hangers, and shelves to keep everything including shoes off of the floor. I also check the mattress, sheets, seams, boxspring edges etc. for signs of bed bugs because I always figured that about 10 minutes of prevention to stop a nightmare is very much worth it to me.

Except I found no indications before or after, which is very scary. There may be NO signs at all, so on other trips they may have been present. Unknown. Very scary possibility.

So despite these precautions, on the second night of staying, I captured a single bed bug, crawling on the bed. I was sitting at the desk on my laptop, turned around, and saw it crawling across the white sheets straight towards me. It was actually very tiny, not fully mature, but unmistakable shape and rust color. I captured it to show to management. As previously stated upon looking, I couldn't find any others, or signs.

Regardless I packed up immediately and left after checking as many personal items and clothes as I could in the hotel bathroom. Went home, used the basement door, filled the washer and filled the dryer, with clothes, boots, empty bags, both on maximum HOT. Took everything taken out of travel bags and washed/dunked in pan of soapy dishwashing water. The electronics and wires I sprayed with bed bug spot killer. Dried everything out. Yes it sucked, but it makes me feel better knowing if there was even 1 bug or egg, it was most likely killed. Took around 2 hours, its not as ridiculous as it sounds.

First time for everything.

• Stayed October 2013
8 Thank JDA1984
Morrice, Michigan
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Was at Foxwoods for 3 days on business. The casino is small but decent and was never very busy (stayed on weeknights). The rooms were decent but nothing overwhelming about them. Beds were basic and firm. Bathroom was nicely furnished and decent size.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ellington, Connecticut
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed for my third business trip over the last couple of years. The accommodations were first rate including the convention and banquet facilities. Restaurants had great food albeit pricey. Grounds pool and other amenities were excellent. The only negative is as always was the smoking in the casinos which carries to other public interior walkways,
Z

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Was here for business. Do not like the casino scene but the hotel rooms are very nice and comfortable - quiet, good bed, big bathroom, nicely decorated. The room service was good and prompt,no complaints about the food. The hotel staff was very accommodating (especially bell and valet service) and it was easy to park in self parking when I needed to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tamara7727
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Woke up with 10-12 bites all over me!! My torso was riddled with itchy bug bites...Bed bugs!! After brining this up to management photos and a witness, Management did nothing. Denied my claim!! They said room was clean and no other complaints?? What?? Gross would never stay again and definitely don't recommend staying!!

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Madhen77
Stacy M, Manager at The Fox Tower at Foxwoods, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Good afternoon.
I am so disappointed and apologize that you had a negative experience while staying at our resort. I want to let you know that we have a very vigilant "anti-insect" inspection program at all four of our properties. Bed bugs are the very bane of a hotel's business.
We did a very thorough inspection of your room, when you made the claim at departure that you had been bitten. There was absolutely no activity or evidence found in your room.
I do hope that you will reconsider returning to Foxwoods in the future. We have an outside company that does objective, random inspections of all of our facilities, in support of our mission to provide impeccable and enjoyable accommodations for our guests.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,
Stacy Morataya-Pilkington
Director, Hotel Operations
New York, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was traveling back to NYC from up north and decided to spend the night at the MGM Grand since I didn't feel like driving through the night to make it to NY in 1 drive. I'm glad I did.

I reserved a Producer Suite as I was approaching the property. Arriving you have the option to valet your car or self-park it in the garage. Entering the hotel you are greeted by a large lobby, with a cascading water wall framing the desk. It's quite impressive and very nice looking. Check in was a breeze by very friendly and efficient staff. The elevators to the rooms was through the casino - not very convenient really. Up to the 24th floor floor I went. The room was quite large - a pleasant surprise. The king-sized bed is quite comfortable, flanked by 2 side tables on either side. The clock is an iPod clock (for devices using the wide plugs). Beyond the bed is an additional space with a semi-circular couch and TV with floor to ceiling glass windows. My view was of the undeveloped woods - quite nice during the fall change. Below was the pool and cabana.

The bed was stocked with 6 pillows and was very comfortable. The AC was not on when I entered so I had to turn it on and wait for a bit until the room was comfortable. A large flat screen TV ( the remote controls both the one in front of the bed and the one in the sitting area),

The bathroom was huge - a plus if this makes your stay. The toilet is in a separate room. The flush is power actuated and makes a loud noise - this surprised me when I first used it. The shower stall has a bench; the water pressure was perfect. A jetted tub, large, is there as well though I wonder how many people actually take the time to use it (it must take a long time to fill).

There were a number of scuffs and scratches on the furniture - a bit of touch up or repair markers would do wonders to make it less banged-up looking. Other than that, the room was excellent and the casino - not crowded at all = not a lot of cigarette smoke = a better gambling experience for everyone. Have fun here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!