I was traveling back to NYC from up north and decided to spend the night at the MGM Grand since I didn't feel like driving through the night to make it to NY in 1 drive. I'm glad I did.
I reserved a Producer Suite as I was approaching the property. Arriving you have the option to valet your car or self-park it in the garage. Entering the hotel you are greeted by a large lobby, with a cascading water wall framing the desk. It's quite impressive and very nice looking. Check in was a breeze by very friendly and efficient staff. The elevators to the rooms was through the casino - not very convenient really. Up to the 24th floor floor I went. The room was quite large - a pleasant surprise. The king-sized bed is quite comfortable, flanked by 2 side tables on either side. The clock is an iPod clock (for devices using the wide plugs). Beyond the bed is an additional space with a semi-circular couch and TV with floor to ceiling glass windows. My view was of the undeveloped woods - quite nice during the fall change. Below was the pool and cabana.
The bed was stocked with 6 pillows and was very comfortable. The AC was not on when I entered so I had to turn it on and wait for a bit until the room was comfortable. A large flat screen TV ( the remote controls both the one in front of the bed and the one in the sitting area),
The bathroom was huge - a plus if this makes your stay. The toilet is in a separate room. The flush is power actuated and makes a loud noise - this surprised me when I first used it. The shower stall has a bench; the water pressure was perfect. A jetted tub, large, is there as well though I wonder how many people actually take the time to use it (it must take a long time to fill).
There were a number of scuffs and scratches on the furniture - a bit of touch up or repair markers would do wonders to make it less banged-up looking. Other than that, the room was excellent and the casino - not crowded at all = not a lot of cigarette smoke = a better gambling experience for everyone. Have fun here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at the AAA Four Diamond Fox Tower is everything you've imagined. As soon as you step into the circular lobby, all your senses become engaged. You see the modern design. You hear the upbeat music. You can't wait to taste, touch and experience all the incredible shopping and entertainment options. And it gets even better when you arrive at your beautifully appointed room and meet our ever-accommodating team. A visit to the incomparable G Spa and grand outdoor pool make the fantasy complete. The Fox Tower isn't just a hotel. It's a dream come true. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fox Tower at Foxwoods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mgm Grand At Foxwoods Hotel Mashantucket
- Mgm Grand At Foxwoods Mashantucket