“Upgrade!”

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went to MGM Grand for an overnight. We had a complimentary room and the desk clerk, Gerard, upgraded us to a Producers Suite as we were celebrating my husband's birthday. The room was perfect and the jacuzzi was out of this world. We went to the pool and although crowded was a pleasant experience. When we returned to the room there were chocolate covered strawberries and a small birthday cake. The stay was top shelf!

Room Tip: Always ask for a forest view.
1  Thank Marilyn S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,482)

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I booked myself a couple days of relaxation at the MGM Grand and GSpa.
I was greeted by a not so happy front desk associate. I asked for newspapers and dinnerware to be brought to my room. My dinnerware came with another disgruntled man who became even angrier when I said the items were incorrect. He was not thrilled about having to return for a second time and left by slamming my room door.
My newspapers were not delivered and I had to call the front desk, yet again to ask for them.
The disgruntled dinnerware man was also the man who I had the "pleasure" of getting my lunch from at the GSpa. He became angry again, said nothing to me and left in a hurry. I ordered a cocktail from ... guest services ... which came in a plastic cup with cellophane on top. The lady in the GSpa locker room was very embarrassed and quickly got a proper glass to have champagne in.
Upon check-out I had a few questions for the front desk woman, I was laughed at when I questioned my room rate, which was wrong, and asked to "just sign to make room for those checking in."
My nerves were shot at this point. I WILL NOT be returning to this hotel. It truly is a shame that a "world-class" resort can hire people who treat customers in this manner. Your guest services team needs a revamp!
The service at GSpa was great & I will only return for use of their facilities!!

Room Tip: Do not bother wasting your money staying here. You can find a much better place down the street wher...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank patsy g
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I went to MGM to celebrate my cousins 36th wedding anniversary. All our advanced planning ensured a perfect visit. The VIP check in was fast and both couples received the rooms we requested, especially the smoking Directors Suite for my wife. My cousins suite had a large chocolate heart made out of candy on their bed for their anniversary. The room were very clean and kept that way our entire three day stay. The entire hotel and casino is very clean. Our dinner reservations at the Cedars Steak House and Alta Strada were handled very professionally and we were seated at the exact table and area of the restaurant we requested. The food and service was outstanding and the prices reasonable. We enjoyed Juniors restaurant but felt they were overpriced. There are so many gourmet, casual, and grab and go food options in all three properties. There is something for everyone at every price. The MGM casino is small but satisfied our needs. In any case you can always use the enclosed walkways to go over to the Grand Pequot and Great Cedar casinos which are enormous. They have escalators, elevators, and moving walkways which help reduce the walking. All and all we had a fabulous time

Room Tip: Try to avoid checking in on a Sunday especially if there is a special show or event going on. All F...
3  Thank FOODrUS
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Do yourself and your pocketbook a favor. Room was set at 62% - I don't mind being cool - but 62? All night party down the hall kept us up all night. And I almost forgot - the nightclub was also whaling away at 2:00 A.M. as if it was in our very room. Called desk manager to get relocated - he said they were full up. Like I really believe that. Complained to the manager again in the morning - told me to pound sand. One of the absolute worst hotels I've had the displeasure to stay at. The worst part was the nonchalant attitude of the front desk and manager.
Just happened to notice a lot of negative complaints lately. Do yourself a favor and go to Mohegan Sun.

4  Thank tinplate1925
Stacy M, Manager at The Fox Tower at Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Tinplate 1925,

I was very disappointed when I read your review. I apologize profusely that you did not enjoy your stay, and were disturbed by noise. We have been at full occupancy each night for the past few weeks, and I regret that this left us in a position of not being able to accommodate a room transfer for you.
Your feedback is very valuable to us, and I hope that you may reconsider returning to MGM Grand at Foxwoods.

Stacy Morataya-Pilkington
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 28, 2013

They were inconsiderate didn't care about our room, they never looked at all the paperwork I had, it was an anniversary gift from my children. I had everything filled out and the person behind the counter only looked at the top paper. I was so frustrated that my wife and I went over to Mohegan Sun. They gave us a big discount on one of their rooms. My children will now do business with Mohegan Sun for our future gifts.

Room Tip: don't go there
3  Thank Robert J
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We come here often for quick getaways. Rooms are always nice and clean. VIP check in usually fast. Plenty of places to eat, although more breakfast choices would be good. Pool area is pretty cool but needs a better bar and better drinks (couldn't make a mojito) And more chairs as its always packed. It's awesome that you can hear the music when under water. Stores near casino very nice but they can use more of them and some cheaper prices.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Lyla1521
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I loved staying at the MGM Foxwoods. I had a high Tower room which was nice and modern. I was here for 3 days. I was here for a conference and the meeting facilities were very nice. I enjoyed eating at the Italian restaurant on site as well as the steakhouse. I also went to Shrine every night I was there as did several of my co-workers and business partners. Could have had better luck at the casino though. The lobby and main public areas were beautiful and very modern. I liked the coffee at their coffee shop also. The bathrooms were nice and I enjoyed the walk-in shower. The view offered great views of the trees below and the other Foxwoods casino next door. I never really had to utilize the staff for much but they were friendly and fairly quick going through a large group at check in. I did purchase a forgotten item at the gift shop.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank traveling_wildcat123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
#3 of 4 in Mashantucket
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!