“Not MGM Quality”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Ventura, California, USA
“Not MGM Quality”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is NOT a property owned by MGM International. Don't be fooled. The staff is not up to MGM standards. They gave my room away after I telephoned after midnight and asked them not to. I was assured my room would not be given away as "They honor all reservations." After driving all night, I had no room when I arrived at 10 am and I was told I was a "no show" and therefore I "canceled" notwithstanding the fact that I called to prevent this very thing from happening.

I am disappointed MGM licenses their good name to this imposter. This property does NOT reflect true MGM quality or service and MGM should definitely rethink this license.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dionna P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed at the MGM while at foxwoods for a concert. LOVED the room. Super comfortable bed. The layout was a little different...everything was on one side of the room pretty much. Allowing the room to be fairly narrow. This didn't keep me from liking it though. The bathroom had this huge (heavy) sliding door, but it was laid out very nice inside. No tub in my room, but the showerhead was to die for. Higher quality soap, shampoo. High quality, fluffy towels. (All that stuff makes a difference ya' know)

Of course Foxwoods has great casual and fine dining restaurants. There's plenty to do besides gaming. Cabanas and a bar at the pool made it feel like a little slice of Vegas. Highly recommended weekend getaway for couples!

Room Tip: Scour the different travel sites to find the best rates.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Martin T
Dansville, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We spent 5 days at Foxwoods for our 40th anniversary. Our room at the MGM was beautiful and very spacious,. We were on the 23rd floor overlooking the forest and the pool. Great shower and nice king bed. The resort is very modern and can be pricey, especially on weekends. We also played the golf course which was in really good shape and fun to play.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank djr6648
Feeding Hills, ma, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was my parents 51st anniversary ( july 14th), and my sister and brother thought that we would put our money together and send our parents on a mini vacation to MGM Grand at Foxwoods. We made the nessesary arangements and gave them the gift certificate to the hotel. Upon trying to check in they were denied entrance to the reserved room,( they were given the papers for the room) they were denied....said that the credit card didnt come back with a comfermation on the reservation, but the next hour after being turned away they ran the credit card and it was excepted, Meanwhile, they went to Mohegan Sun and had a great time.....

Room Tip: dont go to this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christine R
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Quick 1 night stay at MGM Grand @ Foxwoods, it is a little on the high end side, price wise but it was worth it. The hotel is nice, great bathroom & shower. Beds were very comfortable. Short walk to the main casino & shops. Shops & restaurants and casino right outside the elevators to the hotel. Rooms are clean and nicely set up. Will stay at this hotel again in the future when I visit Foxwoods. A little tip, sign up for the rewards card, it is free to sign up. For every dollar you spend on the games you earn a point on the card. The points can be used at the hotel and restaurants and I think the shops too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoeLimo7
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been to MGM Grand at Foxwoods several times. I love foxwoods better than Atlantic City overall because it seems much cleaner and less trashy. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy Borgata, Harrahs, and Caesars at Atlantic City also but I like the MGM more. I love the pool here and the restaurants. I think the crowd is better here also.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am sitting in room 27118 as I write. I can not wait to leave tomorrow. We have been to FOXWOODS many times. This trip stinks. We were offered a free room at Foxwoods. We were then offered an upgrade for $50 to move up to a suite. Big mistake.
First it is 97 degrees out. We came here to escape the heat. We asked for a quiet room. We were place next to an elevator and next to the housekeeping room. We did not realize how noisy it was until after we unpacked. We did complain immediately about the "suite". This is just a slightly bigger room. Not worth an upgrade fee.
After an evening of gambling we came back to a hot room. The AC was set at 60 degrees. Ps....we won at the casino. We were too tired to move.
When using the bathroom, the light kept going out leaving me in the dark.
The bed has sheets that are too small, so they did not cover the mattress. There were lights on the TV that stayed on when then tv was off. We had to cover them with towels.
It was not a restful night.
The noise started very early. Not good for a casino hotel. The next day our keys stopped working. We had to wait 45 minutes to get new ones. We told them about the lights, AC, and noise. They did offered to move us, but honestly the thought of packing up and moving to a different room does not sound fun.

We went to the desk yesterday. Never accept an "Upgrade" from this place. It is a scam. The place is also empty. We were told they were sold out so the upgrade was a great deal.

Room Tip: Do not take the upgrade to a suite. It is NOT a suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Louise H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!