My wife and i enjoyed a tremendous overnight stay at the MGM Grand this past Sunday night, July 7th, celebrating our 23rd Anniversary and it could not have been more enjoyable. The head concierge, Sue Evarts and her excellent staff helped to make our visit extra special. This was our second stay at the MGM, so as before we took advantage of the complimentary valet service to park our car, the valet's were very attentive and courteous making it a very easy process. We then checked in at VIP services, which was very convenient and it helped us avoid the growing check-in line. I had called the concierge desk earlier in the week and requested an early check-in and late check-out if possible, Kathryn Gardner was very helpful, and both requests were granted. When we entered our room we were greeted by a beautiful/delicious 'Happy Anniversary' cake and card, along with chocolate covered strawberries....my wife was thrilled and it was her favorite cake too!...and that wasn't all, there were Godiva chocolates laid out in the shape of a heart on the bed, with a full box of Godiva's right in the middle of the heart and "Happy 23rd Anniversary" written on the window!..the MGM staff really hit it out of the park. I brought a bottle of wine for the occasion, but forgot the opener...no worries, I called room service and a friendly staff member brought one to the room. We were also lucky enough to get an upgrade to the Directors Suite, which was awesome, bed was super comfy and a 32" flat screen in both rooms, plus fridge. Having a separate living room with a beautiful view from the 27th floor of the forest was fantastic and the cool whirlpool bath did the trick at the end of the day. We also had a day pass at the GSPA, which is very nice with an indoor lap pool, whirlpool and a very nice terrace with a view of the main pool. The spa staff were all very helpful, providing us with robes and pool slippers as well as water and juice, we felt like royalty. On Monday we enjoyed a terrific breakfast at the Festival Buffet and then were able to enjoy the beautiful MGM pool, which was also very relaxing. My wife commented that it felt like we were vacationing at a fancy resort far far away, too bad we couldn't have stayed longer, but unfortunately all good things must come to an end. All n All we had a terrific time and the entire staff of the MGM couldn't have been nicer and more hospitable...another home run for the MGM Grand!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at the AAA Four Diamond Fox Tower is everything you've imagined. As soon as you step into the circular lobby, all your senses become engaged. You see the modern design. You hear the upbeat music. You can't wait to taste, touch and experience all the incredible shopping and entertainment options. And it gets even better when you arrive at your beautifully appointed room and meet our ever-accommodating team. A visit to the incomparable G Spa and grand outdoor pool make the fantasy complete. The Fox Tower isn't just a hotel. It's a dream come true. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fox Tower at Foxwoods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mgm Grand At Foxwoods Hotel Mashantucket
- Mgm Grand At Foxwoods Mashantucket