I arrived on Thursday night 7:30 pm with no bellman on duty, no carts and then 1.5 hour wait to checking. So decided to eat dinner in juniors adjacent to lobby and line would be less. At end of dinner we alternated between family members and it was still 45 minute wait. When it was our turn we were told only smoking room Kings left. Problem Mom with medical issue and 2 kids 19 year old girl and 15 year old boy. We offered to pay for suite for night and check out at 8am and they could have suite for weekend. Ms. Julie Cleaowich front desk shift manager said I had to take a smoking room even though I had booked nonsmoking or she would give me lists of places in area to call. I implored with her that for several reasons I could not stayin smoking room and she said none available on property. So as I was trying to call corporate relations, my daughter heard them giving a couple a non smoking room who was 20 minutes behind us in line. Then a Dad and daughter I know was given a nonsmoking room with two beds. In addition I met up with another Mom who had 2 children who they also were saying smoking and 1 bed. While this was going they were calling other hotels for roll always. All of these families were here for a soccer tournament so as far as I know no high rollers.the only thing I can think was women alone with2children. I'm married but my husband didn't take day off from work. Just plain old discrimination. I had booked earlier in calendar year, had. Arrived and waited reach front desk sooner had used premium credit card. I'm writing this on IPAD so please excuse messy typing.
Ms. Cleaowich was the least customer service oriented person I ever met. After I told her since this was a multiple family problem she really should be calling area hotels for us. She told me she found one but it was more money. I said I had to have nonsmoking. She took my credit card and ID but never told new hotel Hilton Garden Inn any info about us and another family who drove over there. And she never offered to give us resort pass even though other family had 10 year old girl crying that she could go in pool with her friends.
I am stunned completely. It wasn't about money for us but health reasons. Never mind my daughter was playing at 8am Saturday morning and this was really distracting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at the AAA Four Diamond Fox Tower is everything you've imagined. As soon as you step into the circular lobby, all your senses become engaged. You see the modern design. You hear the upbeat music. You can't wait to taste, touch and experience all the incredible shopping and entertainment options. And it gets even better when you arrive at your beautifully appointed room and meet our ever-accommodating team. A visit to the incomparable G Spa and grand outdoor pool make the fantasy complete. The Fox Tower isn't just a hotel. It's a dream come true. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fox Tower at Foxwoods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mgm Grand At Foxwoods Hotel Mashantucket
- Mgm Grand At Foxwoods Mashantucket