“Nice”

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is nice. Rooms clean and bathrooms very nice. The pool they boast as a Vegas pool, not like that at all! We waited 1 hour for 2 beers - terrible service! All hotels are linked up so easy access to things. We also waited forever for our bags.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Fox Tower at Foxwoods

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods this past Thurs. and Fri. Anniversary celebration. Our travel mates made special requests of Sue Everts and the hotel staff, and all of their requests were perfectly met. We had a wonderful time! Thanks Sue. You're the best!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods. We got upgraded to a suite which I expected would be fantastic. The room was spacious and bed was amazingly comfortable. However the quality of the furniture was surprisingly poor. The dresser edges were worn to the wood and the table had water rings in it. Not a deal breaker by any means but you would expect the furnishings to be updated a bit more often especially if aesthetically poor. Also the front desk charged my card twice so I had to call them back and wait 3 days for the funds to be released. Good for an overnight but a longer stay might be better at the main hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is our second trip to MGM Foxwoods! Both were amazing! My boyfriend and I have a tradition of spending our Birthday nights out somewhere overnight...so February 16th his birthday i booked MGM for the first time..Nervous as we all are about amenities and such, I went on Tripadvisor to read reviews! they were 50/50 who liked it who didnt........I stumbled upon a writer telling about his trip and the special requests that he had..Made possible by the Chef Concierge Susan...I picked up the phone and called Susan..I had told her it was his birthday and if she could help make his day extra special..she assured she could help..Upon arrival we went to the room to find the windows Decorated "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE" Plus a small cake and Dipped Strawberries amazing and to top it off she up graded our room!!! top floor comer room WHAT AN AMAZING VIEW .... We had dinner and danced the night away....ONLY to return AGAIN in April for our 2 Year Anniversary!!! SAME special service...So needless to say when my Boss and his wife decided to go to MGM the next week due to the amazing time we had I called Susan!!!! She really topped herself this time ...Their room was upgraded to a suite!! with a cheese and cracker tray & Dipped Strawberries!!!! Window decorations of course..:)
NOW this is the ONLY place we will stay on our special occasions!! It really is amazing there...

Susan really is like a fair god Mother with her Magic Wand!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This is our 6th visit to Fixwoods, my 2nd stay at MGM. The hotel is a nice property with nicely decorated rooms. The most standout asset of the rooms is the spacious bathroom. The front desk staff is cordial and do their jobs; nothing special. The overall casino complex is fun and entertaining. Of their 4 properties, I would only return to MGM. However, Mohegan Sun Casino complex is also amazing and next time I would like to stay there for a change. Would I return to Foxwoods; definately.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Really bad experience. Avoid this property.
Problem with room. Room had shower only, no tub. Shower had only scalding hot water. It was impossible to use it. Went to front desk. They treated us like we were being unreasonable. Downgraded us to a smaller room, but charged us the same rate as larger room. I don't think I've ever been treated this badly by any hotel ever in 35 years of traveling. Even manager was rude to us. Avoid this place, period.

Room Tip: Good luck if you stay here. Plan on being treated like dirt.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank DavidHorace
Stacy M, Manager at The Fox Tower at Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Good afternoon, Mr. Horace.
Thank you for posting this review on TripAdvisor. I am very disheartened to hear that your recent stay was so unpleasant. I see that you did not enjoy the setup of the room, with the standing shower. It is one of the more popular features of the room, and I am sorry that it was not functioning properly. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to have the shower not meet your expectations.
I am very concerned about the interactions that you had with my staff, especially a member of management. It is not acceptable to treat any of our guests with discourtesy or rudeness. I am very sorry that you left our resort with such a negative impression of our service.
I would be grateful if you would consider communicating with me directly regarding this experience.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,

Stacy Morataya-Pilkington
Hotel Manager
SMorataya-Pilkington@Foxwoods.com

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is the second time we stayed here. Went to attend a Liquid Sunday pool party. Rooms are great, very clean, well kept, awesome shower stayed in a King Sz room on the 19th floor over looking the pool area. Rooms have refrigerators, one chair and a desk chair, large flat screen TV. Beds are comfortable and in general, the hotel is very clean and staff was very helpful. Free parking and valet service, $13 resort fee a day is added to your bill plus a $100 charge per night in addition to your room rate to cover any additional expenses. If no charges are made, then the $100 fee is returned to your card. Pool is awesome. Huge, very clean, very warm and there is a ledge around the pool to sit on. Well worth the trip. Very expensive on weekends and during events. Will honor triple AAA rate. We received a very good rate for a Sunday night stay. Celebrities that host the pool party only work the party for about 2 hrs and the other 4 hrs are hosted by regular DJ's. Staff at the pool party were very helpful and friendly and kept the crowd under control. It was a very nice day and we had a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy then the lower floors. Rooms overlooking the pool area the best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sassiemama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Mohegan Sun
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!