“Very comfortable,clean room”

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice. It is a very nice, clean room. It has virtually no smell. I am very picky about a smell in most hotel rooms!
The bathroom is also very nice. It has a shower all tiled with a glass door. No shower curtain to touch you or close it in.
We stayed during the week. The price was very reasonable!

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Grand on March 9th, 2003 as well as December 28th, 2012. We were not disappointed. Rooms are spotless and the bathroom has a walk in shower to die for. The bed and linens are very comfy. Highly recommend this hotel. Also enjoy playing the slots at MGM Grand, waitress service is excellent and the overall helpfulness of all the staff is superb.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms give you a better view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The view from the rooms at MGM at Foxwoods is amazing! You must be able to see for 50 miles! Breathtaking! The room is sparkling clean and you want for nothing. The mattress is comfy and the linens crisp. The bathroom is heavenly with the best marble walk-in shower of any hotel! If you go in the summer/early fall, the pool is open and is the best in the area!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The services provided are nice as well as the facility, however, the pool is shared with hotel guests and loud children. Not what I bargained for. The inside of the locker room has a beautiful hot tub, sauna and steam room, but all in all is a very small area to hang out to get peace and quiet. I would recommend a "relaxation room" of some sort. All in all, a modern, up to date facility lacking in enough room (for me personally) to quietly relax.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We asked for and received a discounted rate using our player's card. I mentioned we were celebrating my husband's birthday, and the desk sent up a small but delicious chocolate plate for sharing. Very thoughtful. Room was clean and comfortable. The walk to the main part of Foxwoods was not bad - I liked stretching my legs after a meal or after sitting at the tables for a while. I agree with other reviewers - the cigarette smoke in the casinos is overwhelming - YUCK! - and that the non-smoking sections are not well situated, large enough, or lacking in smoke.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a great time at MGM at Foxwoods. The hotel was excellent and the service is top notch! I was upgraded to a suite when I arrived a week after my birthday without even asking. What a great perk!
Also the room was very clean with modern amenities. The bathroom and spa tub were awesome! I definitely plan to revisit real soon. I definitely felt like I was in a Vegas hotel.
See you soon MGM.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the pool. you get a great view and can even see Mohegan Sun
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lpoirier73
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at the MGM in March on a Sunday night. I had bought a travelzoo for the room. The only issue I had was that when I booked my room with the coupon I could specify non smoking. However, I arrived at 2pm before the 5 Sunday check in and they were able to accommodate. I also took other travelers advice to get a high floor. Amazing views. My room was a producer suite. King bed with a separate sitting area with a couch and another TV. The bathroom was very nice with a separate toilet room. Didn't use the tub but the shower was nice.

It's true the MGM is a little bit of a walk to the other hotels and most of the restaurants. It's all indoors and I didn't mind the walk.

Tip to first timers at the hotel. Make sure to sign up for a rewards card. You get $25 to play at the slots.

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Fox Tower at Foxwoods

Address: 350 Trolley Line Boulevard, Mashantucket, CT 06338-3830 (Formerly MGM Grand at Foxwoods)
Location: United States > Connecticut > Mystic Country > Mashantucket
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Price Range: $141 - $784 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — The Fox Tower at Foxwoods 4*
Staying at the AAA Four Diamond Fox Tower is everything you've imagined. As soon as you step into the circular lobby, all your senses become engaged. You see the modern design. You hear the upbeat music. You can't wait to taste, touch and experience all the incredible shopping and entertainment options. And it gets even better when you arrive at your beautifully appointed room and meet our ever-accommodating team. A visit to the incomparable G Spa and grand outdoor pool make the fantasy complete. The Fox Tower isn't just a hotel. It's a dream come true. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fox Tower at Foxwoods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mgm Grand At Foxwoods Hotel Mashantucket