“Go...stay...enjoy”

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We're not gamblers so going to a place known for gambling seems counterproductive.

Go.

We've stayed at the MGM Grand almost 7 times in the last 12 months. It is our "get out of town" night out when we can get a night away from our son.

Sooner or later all adults need "adult time."

Restaurants are superb. Accommodations equally so. The staff could not be nicer and more helpful. I've traveled ALL over the world...this is a first class place and these are first class people

Is it more expensive than staying at the tic-tac motel and eating at the local fast food joint? Well yeah... pull out the sport coat and tie and she'll wear heels....eat and drink to your hearts content, walk 20 feet to the elevator and you are "home." Get room service to send up coffee the next morning.

Room Tip: Get the Director's suite with a Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the MGM Grand overnight on Feb. 18th and had a terrific time. The hotel was beautiful and from the front desk clerk, the chambermaids, to the valet , they all could not have been nicer....the valet was nice enough to give us waters for our trip home..very nice. Our king room was tremendous, very clean, very comfortable bed and with a great view from our 26th floor room and the shower was great! The concierge, Sue Evarts, was fantastic! I wrote to her asking for a room on a high floor and she was nice enough to not only take care of my request, but she called me as well to let me know...now that's service! Make sure you take advantage of the valet parking, it is very convenient and the front desk will hold on to your bags after checkout so that you can enjoy the casino's a little longer. We dropped off our bags and had a tremendous buffet breakfast at the Festival Buffet, luckily we got there at 11:00, and enjoyed breakfast and lunch! All n All it was a great stay and I would highly recommend the MGM Grand.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room, cool view.
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

It's hard to describe our New Year's Eve at the MGM Grand without profanity! Two month's prior, I booked our NYE and Day rooms at over $1,300 and prepaid in full online with my Visa debit card as required. The funds were immediately deducted.

On New Year's Eve, we left the Camden, Maine, Bed and Breakfast where we had spent Christmas, and drove 8 hours to The MGM Grand, where we expected to check in and relax before our 9 PM Ron White show.

Upon check in, we discovered that there was no record of our prepayment, despite my MGM Grand email confirmation, (the reservation was only granted if prepaid) and it was too late to verify with our bank on a Holiday evening. We had used our debit card to pay the B and B bill in Maine, and did not have instant access to another $1,300 to double pay for the MGM Grand room. I spoke to every Management person that I could get to and was told that...not only would they not allow us to check in, but that they would NOT cancel the reservation and that we would be charged for NOT staying in the room.

We were stranded trying to find accommodations on NYE at 7 PM and wound up at the Marriott Groton, relying on taxi service to get to our show. We didn't even have time to shower.

Regardless of how nice a property is, this kind of flagrant "we made a mistake but screw you" attitude is inexcusable in a property that expects to be a world class destination resort.

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank MystiqueLaRue
Stacy M, Manager at The Fox Tower at Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear MystiqueLaRue,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Sharing your experience with fellow travelers, as well as with the leadership team here at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods, is so very important. I was alarmed when I read your review, as I was personally aware of any cancellations over the New Year's Eve holiday. As New Year's Eve is the busiest night of the year, we have a very high demand, and tighten up our procedures a bit, to ensure that we are able to guarantee all arrivals. I followed up with my leadership team, and after doing a full investigation, I am happy to say that none of our guests were charged for a stay that did not occur. I would be most eager to discuss this with you, if you find that my information is not correct. I take the satisfaction and experiences of my guests very seriously, and I hope that we are able to communicate and find resolution.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,
Stacy Morataya-Pilkington
Hotel Manager
SMorataya-Pilkington@Foxwoods.com

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have to say what a great experience!!! from the valet parking to checking in to dinner ! but most of all a HUGE !!!! thank you to Sadie at check in I told her this was our first time staying at the MGM it was birthday present for my husband upon returning to our room after dinner there was a piece of cake with a candle on top 2 chocolate covers strawberries and a large chocolate bar that said happy birthday! So thank you Sadie what a nice surprise!!!!! overall our trip was awesome!

Room Tip: 10th floor corner room Fabulous!!!!
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wife and I stayed here one night while visiting family and had a good time. Check-in was fast and we were in our room within 15 minutes from parking our car. Room was spacious with a great view. Bed was comfy and the bathroom decent size. Spent some time in casino which was ok but really enjoyed walking around with all the holiday decorations. It is connected to Foxwoods casino about a 10 minute walk. The whole complex is huge so be prepared with some good walking shoes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Whitma
Reviewed February 18, 2013

To experience a day at the G Spa at MGM Grand Foxwoods is like a touch of Heaven. You are treated to a VIP experience from the moment you step off the elevator. The facilities are top notch! Before even stepping foot into a treatment room, a sense of calm over takes you. You are in a trance of relaxation. I just loved lounging by the 21 and over pool, soaking in the hot tub (complete with waterfall), taking a steam and detoxing in the sauna. My husband and I made a "stay-cation” out of our day at the G Spa, spending the entire afternoon! First we ordered room service to be delivered pool side for lunch; it was the perfect way to start the experience. Then we soaked in the hot tub followed by the high light of our day, a couple’s massage. I highly recommend the couples massage it was the perfect way for my husband and I to relax and enjoy some time together! We finished our day with a special treat of chocolate covered strawberries (how did they know they are my favorite!). The staff and the G Spa is top notch, they understand the importance of treating the person as a whole: spirit, mind and body. They give each person that walks in the doors a unique experience that fits their individual needs and lifts them to a place of pure relaxation. I left with a sense of renewal and positive energy! What a treat to have such a place right here in my own back yard!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leanne N
Reviewed February 16, 2013

On our most recent trip to Foxwoods, we tried the Directors Suite at MGM. This suite has a comfortable jacuzzi tub with a window overlooking the forest, a nice bathroom with two sinks, and sitting area with a separate bedroom . Large glass windows in both the sitting area and the bedroom which had a view of the mountain/forest/road in front of MGM. The room also included a desk and a refrigerator. The drapes allow for a very dark bedroom if light bothers you and you like to sleep in in the morning. Room was on a high floor (27) which we recommend so you don't hear the parking garage or highway noise. The spa was fabulous. We only used the gym, which was the best we have seen. Several treadmills were available as well as weights. Towels and complimentary bottled water is provided. There is no charge to use the gym, but it costs 15.00 dollars to use the pool/hot tub area. MGM also charges a 12.95 resort fee a night which does not include use of the pool or spa, but it does include the gym. It also means you receive complimentary bottled water in your room, a daily newspaper and free wifi which is fair. Food is a little expensive. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would definitely try it again.

1  Thank nmcall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
#3 of 4 in Mashantucket
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!